Chapter 12

Riley's POV:

"So, what do you wanna do after lunch?" I asked the group. 

Maddie stole another piece of steak from my plate. "Use the floats?"

"Race?"

"Sandcastles?"

"Can we finish lunch then decide?" Allie asked.

We nodded, then went back to eating. 

Maddie took a fry and dipped it in her milkshake. 

"Is that good?" Danny asked, his nose scrunching up. 

"Yeah, try it," Maddie replied, holding a fry to his mouth. 

He bit into it and chewed. "Huh, it's like sweet and salty. Pretty good."

Maddie giggled, and Cayden frowned slightly. 

I smirked. "Jealous?" I whispered. 

He sighed. "I know I shouldn't be, but. . ."

Shock rippled through me. He admitted it?!

Allie caught my eye, and she raised her eyebrows, like What's up, why do you look surprised? 

I tilted my head towards Cayden, then towards Maddie. He admitted it.

Allie's eyes widened. Seriously? 

I nodded. 

Finishing her lunch, Allie announced, "Done."

"Same," Maddie said, finishing off her milkshake with a slurp.

The rest of us soon finished, threw away our trash, and walked outside. 

Maddie's POV:

Once we returned to our spot on the beach, Brandon said, "What do we do now, race?"

"Let's test out the floats first, so we don't barf up our lunch," Alex suggested.

We dragged the floats into the water. Allie, Cameron, and I went on the narwhal float; Riley went on the avocado and the other eight went on the giant flamingo.

Three minutes after we got in the water, Riley tossed us the brown beach ball that came with the avocado. Cameron caught it and tossed it towards Alex, who tossed it back to Riley. 

We kept going for a while, just tossing the ball back and forth. 

"Heads up, Mads!" Riley grinned, hurling the beachball towards me. 

"Wait, I'm not read-" 

The ball slammed into the bottom and the float tipped over.

As I plummeted down into the water, I swam toward Riley's float, and flipped it over, using it to pull myself up.

Riley emerged from the water, spluttering.

I chuckled at the look on Riley's face.

"Eh, I suppose that's fair," Riley said as we all laughed. 

Cameron and I claimed the avocado float, leaving Allie with Riley on the narwhal.

Allie's POV:

As Maddie and Cameron climbed on the avocado float, I realized I would have to share the narwhal with. . . Riley. 

I blushed as Riley held his hand out to me. I took it and scrambled on to the float behind him.

Maddie winked at me as she and Alex began singing, "Riley and Allie, sitting on a float, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a ba-"

"Okay, we get it," I said, rolling my eyes and blushing even more. 

Riley's cheeks were as red as mine.

"Hey, look how hard they're blushing," Maddie teased. 

I glared at her, and she held up her hands in defeat. "Fine, fine, but you can't deny it."

I thought I heard Riley mumble something like, "No, I can't," but when I turned to him he was silent. 

"New mission - get Maddie and Cayden together," I whispered to him. 

He grinned. "What about Danny, though?" he asked.

Danny was chatting with Maddie. He looked like he like her, but. . . not like that. More like. . .

"I think it's more of like a brotherly feeling, I don't think he likes her in that way," I commented. 

"Alright, then. Operation Madayden is a go," he whisper-yelled.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and raised one eyebrow. 

"I'll work on the name," he said, blushing.

"Yeah," I nodded. 

The rest of the day went by with me and Riley trying to get Maddie and Cayden to end up in a romantic situation - with some help from the rest of the class once they caught on to what we were doing.

The whole afternoon had passed with no sign of Leila - thankfully - but also no sign of any hope that Madayden was going to happen. Gah, we need to come up with another name, fast.

It was getting late, and we said goodbye to Danny.

Just as the sun began to dip and we began to walk back to the villa, however, Maddie (being her usual clumsy self) tripped. 

Riley was about to step forward to catch her, but I gently held him back as Cayden rushed to do so, and Maddie landed in his arms.

After snapping a photo, I said, "Aw, you two would make such a cute couple!"

Maddie blushed furiously and hastily stood back up.

Cayden was just as red. 

With one click, I sent the photo to everyone in the class. "You're welcome, you can make that your new wallpaper now."

Riley grinned and nudged me. "Nice," he said appreciatively.

We arrived back at the villa and walked inside.

A/N: So this chapter was just me trying to finish the beach part- I spent 3 chapters on it! Anyway, be prepared for some Caddie drama next :)

Also, sorry about the shortness of the chapter... :|