Chapter 4

A/N: If you're one of my early readers, I changed the time in the previous chapters so that they fly overnight- Maddie wakes up past noon, they meet at the airport at 4:30, depart at 8:30.

Allie's POV:

I looked around in wonder at the plane cabin. This was my first time flying in first class, but the others looked unimpressed. "Come on, guys! This is awesome, how are you not excited?"

Maddie laughed. "I guess it is pretty cool."

"Miss Tanaka, your seats are this way," a man said, leading us towards the middle of the plane cabin. He reminded me of a butler.

I squealed at the sight. There was a room-like sitting area on the left, and rows of big, luxury seats on the left lined up against the wall.

"Wow, it's like you've never seen first-class before," Cameron said. "Oh, that's right, you haven't!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored her. Plopping into one of the seats, I reached for one of the bags with junk food in it. "Gimme," I said to Riley, who was holding the bags.

He chuckled, sat down next to me, and tossed me the bag. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts and lock..." 

I tuned out the announcer's voice. "Shouldn't there be more people?"

"Actually miss, this plane is owned by T&M, and their manager has reserved it especially for your class," the butler-like-man said.

"This is cool," Cameron said. I looked at her in surprise. "What? I appreciate the finer things in life."

The plane started to move, and Riley passed around pieces of chewy caramel around, even to Cameron. "Chew unless you want to hear a ringing in your ears for the rest of the flight."

We obeyed, and a couple of minutes later, the plane was gliding smoothly in the air. 

"Okay, how 'bout we change into PJ's and meet back in the cabin for the movie?" Maddie suggested. 

We agreed. There were two bathrooms, so Riley and Maddie changed first. After I and Cayden came out, they were already munching on chips in the sitting area. 

"Guys, real food first," Cayden said in a high-pitched voice. We all burst out laughing. 

"Oh, you sound so much like my mom!" Riley said between laughs. 

Maddie's POV:

 "Hey, Maddie, cute pj's," Cameron said. I made making cutting motions across my throat. "Crap, you still haven't told them yet?"

I shook my head. "Not yet."

Cameron's eyes widened. "Oh, I would've thought you'd tell them when I was changing . . ."

"Tell us what?" Cayden said.

Riley sighed and looked at Cameron and me. "Might as well tell them a little bit . . . Cam is actually a good friend of mine and Maddie's. She just acts like a brat because-" 

"That's part of the long story we owe you guys," I cut in, nudging him. 

Cameron had actually met us on the streets of Canada when we were still dressed as T&M, and she was still really nice back then, the summer before high school started. She'd decided that she would act bratty to help hide our identities.

Cayden blinked. "Oh, so that's why you act differently when you're at home than when you're at school."

Cameron nodded. "Yup," she said and turned to Allie. "Sorry about all the teasing, that'll probably be explained when you hear the long story."

"That's fine. As long as I hear the long story soon," Allie warned.

I sighed in relief. "Great. Now, wanna watch a Disney movie or To All Boys I've Loved Before?"

"Ugh, To All Boys I've Loved Before is way too sappy." Riley groaned. "Why can't we watch I Know What You Did Last Summer?"

Cameron shuddered. "That movie gives me the creeps. I vote for To All Boys I've Loved Before,"

"Same," Allie said, smiling at her.

"Wait, what about Marvel?" Cayden said. 

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I can't believe I forgot about Marvel!"

"Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse?" Allie suggested.

We agreed, and I put on the movie. 

Cayden's POV:

"I told you, we should've gotten ice cream!" Maddie said, munching on a king-size Twix.

Cameron froze and turned to me. "You guys didn't get ice cream? Ice cream is in one of the main food groups!"

"SEE?" Riley yelled. "She gets it!"

"Shh, guys, this is my favorite part!" Allie said, shushing us. 

"The part where he gets bitten?" Maddie scoffed.

Allie nodded. 

Sometime later, near the end of the movie, I snuck up behind Maddie and shouted, "BOO!"

Maddie yelped and punched me in the stomach. "Oh my gosh, Cayd! What the actual heck? I'm so sorry!"

I groaned and doubled over. "No, that's fine," I said, wincing. "You punch hard..."

Maddie tossed her hair. "6 years of karate, remember?"

I laughed. The pain had faded away by now.

Riley chuckled. 

Allie and Cameron groaned. "You guys missed the end!" Cameron said.

Maddie pouted. 

"I mean, not like it's our first time watching. Wanna play video games? I think I saw some on the TV," Riley said.

Maddie stuck a Cow Tales  in her mouth and said, "Sure!"

Cameron cracked her knuckles. "Teams?"

"Girls vs. boys?" Allie suggested.

"We can invite the rest of the class, too," I suggested.

Maddie nodded. "I'll go get them."