Chapter 13

Cameron's POV - I will not do this often, but I just thought it would be cool to write from Cammie's POV: 

After getting ready for bed and changing into PJs, we decided to meet up in the common room for some group time. I still felt a little nervous about how they would react to me, but the group seemed pretty welcoming.

"Hey," Mia said, greeting me as I walked into the room. 

I smiled and waved back. "So, what are we doing?"

As soon as Maddie began bouncing in place, I groaned. There's only one game that gets her this exited. . . 

"Truth or dare," Maddie squealed. Riley and I shared a look. 

The last time the three of us had played this game, Riley had gotten a face full of moldy jam to the face. Maddie could be. . . creative.

"Anyway, ravens are game, and if you don't do the truth or dare. . . you have to remove a piece of clothing," Maddie explained. 

"Wait, what are ravens?" Julie asked, confused. 

"If you get a dare, say 'ravens' and everyone has to do it with you," I explained.

"Yup, youngest person starts," Riley said.

"Raise your hand if you're 17," I instructed.

Mia, Alex, Allie, Jake, and Maddie raised their hands. 

"Kay, so you five are the youngest," Riley said.

"Birthdays," Cayden said.

"June 14, 2003," Jake said.

(BTW, this takes place around May.)

"July 2nd, 2003," Mia said.

"June 27, 2003," Allie said.

"August 3rd, 2003," Maddie said reluctantly.

"Ha, August 1st, 2003," Alex finished triumphantly. "Maddie's up first."

Maddie groaned. "Fine. Hit me." Jake smacked her, and she glared. "Not literally, Blondie!"

Jake laughed. "Fine. Truth or dare?"

"Uh. . . dare."

"Eat a spoonful of mayo."

Maddie wrinkled her nose. "Eww, gross. Anything but mayo, I hate it," she complained.

Jake shook his head. "Either mayo or strip."

Maddie shrugged and took off her top, leaving her in a high-cropped tank.

Rolling his eyes, Riley muttered, "Coward."

"Uh oh," Allie said as Maddie's eyebrows rose. 

"You got something to say, say it to my face, Martinez," Maddie challenged. 

If there was one thing you absolutely do not call Maddie, it was a coward.

"Oookay, Maddie, you get to ask someone next," I said, trying to diffuse the situation. 

I realized my mistake when her gaze turned to Riley. "Truth or dare, Riley?"

The poor boy gulped. "Dare."

Maddie grinned. "How do you feel about the person on your right?"

I internally squealed. Allie was the one on his right, and I could see a blush starting to form on Riley's cheeks as well as Allie's. 

"Well. . . uh. . . she's an amazing person, she's super kind-" Riley began, fidgeting with his shirt.

I rolled my eyes. "What you feel, not what you think, doofus." I know I'm being a little harsh, but I just really want my ship to sail. . . Caddie's next.