Chapter 5

A/N: Hey people! I'm adding a new character to the story, a boy named Jake. Kotlc fans, picture Keefe Sencen. PJo fans, imagine Leo Valdez with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes. MLB fans, um... Chat Noir w/ blue eyes. The rest of you, picture a blonde-haired boy with ice-blue eyes. Troublemaker, supreme prankster, you get the idea. 

Maddie's POV:

I walked into the coach section of the plane and saw that my friends had also changed into PJs. 

"'Sup, Mini?" Brandon said, waving.

I groaned. "Allie makes me wear a miniskirt to school once- and I get that stupid nickname!"

Jake smirked. "Also because you're short."

I threw up my hands. "I guess this means you don't want an invite to the first-class cabin to play video games, then." I sighed dramatically and started to walk away.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, we're coming," Alex said. I turned around to see her smacking Jake.

I grinned and waved them over.

I heard a bunch of 'whoa's and 'ooh's as I entered first-class.

"Shouldn't there be other people?" Leo asked. 

Allie laughed. "I asked the same thing."

Riley whistled. "Okay, so a few things we should explain; Cameron is actually nice, she just likes acting like a brat-"

"Wait, seriously?" Jake interrupted. 

Cameron tossed her hair. "I don't think anyone can actually be that bratty without doing it on purpose," she said.

"So . . . you're not Little Miss Rich Girl?" Alex asked, her nose scrunching up.

"Nah, she's a good friend of mine," I answered for her.

"Second thing, the plane is actually owned by T&M, and their manager reserved the plane for our class," Riley continued. "Third, free snacks!"

Cayden tossed a bag of chips towards Brandon. 

"Thanks, man. Hey, what are we playing?" Brandon said, munching on a chip.

I grinned. "Still deciding."

Suggestions rang through the air, and we settled on a racing game that I hadn't heard of before.

"Who's up first?" Jake said. 

Riley's POV: #time skip#

We played multiple games and tallied up the points. Jake and I were tied in first, Maddie in second, Leo in third.

"Last game, Riley and Jake!" Alex announced in a game-show-host voice.

Jake glanced at me. "May the best man win."

I nodded and turned my attention to the screen. 

"3 . . . 2 . . . 1!" As soon as the words disappeared from the screen, both I and Jake's avatars lurched forward.

"Whoo, go Jake!" Cameron cheered. 

I glared at her. "Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically as my avatar started to pull ahead. 

"Go, Riley," Allie cheered. 

Maddie did the same, but it came out as "Goo Rurie." 

Cayden laughed. "Swallow before you speak, Madds."

I let out a whoop as I crossed the finish line. 

Jake groaned but clapped me on the back. "Good game."

"Hey, wanna play Just Dance?" Mia suggested.

"Ooh, yeah, I love that game," Cameron said, bouncing on her feet.

"I challenge . . . somebody. I don't know, I just wanna play," Allie said, shrugging. 

"I'll play you," Maddie said hesitantly.

Ian laughed. "I bet 20 dollars Allie's gonna win."

I shrugged. "I'll take that bet."

Maddie acted clumsy, but she actually was an incredible dancer. 

"What song do you wanna do?" Allie asked. 

"Do something by T&M," Alex suggested. 

A glint appeared in Maddie's eyes. "Sure."

"Make it 30," I whispered to Ian. He nodded, sure that Allie was going to win.

I smirked as the song started. Every one of the boys' jaws dropped as Maddie landed a perfect backflip.

"How? Maddie, you're the clumsiest person I know!" Mia exclaimed. 

I grinned at Cayden's dreamy expression. "Someone's got a crush," I whispered in a sing-song tone.

He blushed furiously. "No. . ." he said uncertainly.

I sighed. "Sure."

Mia, Alex, and Cameron whooped as the song ended. Maddie took a bow.

I held my hand out to a slack-jawed Ian. "Pay up, dude."

He handed me thirty dollars. "How. . ."

Maddie shrugged. "I practice."

Cayden shook his head. "Yet you still manage to trip on a daily basis?"

"Girl, that was awesome!" Allie exclaimed.

"Yeah," Jake said.

Maddie yawned. "Somebody pass me some sugar or caffeine," she mumbled.

I tossed her a bottle of Mountain Dew. 

"We should probably get back to our seats, Mia looks like she's about to fall asleep," Alex said, waving good-bye. "See you in three and a half hours!"

The rest of them followed, leaving only the five of us. 

"M'kay, I think I'm gonna nap for a bit, wake me up in an hour," Allie said, yawning and going over to the chairs. Cayden followed.