Chapter 7

A/N: If you remember from Chapter 3, Chuck is Riley and Maddie's bodyguard. 

Allie's POV:

"Wait, how do they know you guys?" Brandon asked Maddie and Riley.

I wondered the same thing until I spotted the sign on Riley's back. "Say 'Hi' to Maddie Tanaka and Riley Martinez, they're totally famous" was hastily scribbled on a sheet of paper.

Chuckling, I peeled the sign off. "Maybe because of this?"

Brandon read the sign and laughed too. "Say 'Hi' to Maddie Tanaka and Riley Martinez, they're totally famous."

The rest of the class guffawed. I heard a sigh of relief from who I thought was Riley, but when I turned to look at him, he was laughing along with the class. 

Huh, probably somebody else in the crowd.

Maddie's POV:

Wow, that was close. Luckily, I had a notebook and pen in my backpack to write the note, or. . . 

"Good job with the note," Riley murmured to me. 

"Yeah. When should we actually tell them?" I whispered back. 

He tilted his head. "After the concert?"

Miss Martinez clapped her hands. "Okay, a bus will be here to pick us up in about 10 minutes. We'll ride that bus for 4 stops and switch to a bus that will take us to T&M's villa."

I raised my hand. "Miss Martin, may I go to the bathroom?"

She nodded. "Be quick, and meet us outside."

I hopped off my suitcase and handed my backpack to Riley. He rolled his eyes but took it.

Instead of going to the bathroom, I waited until my class was gone, then waved Chuck over. 

"Problem, miss?" he asked, lumbering over. 

"No, just wanted to give you these," I said, handing him the Jumbo Twizzlers.

He took it gratefully. "Much appreciated, Miss Tanaka."

I grinned and darted outside, where the rest of my class waited in the sun. 

"That was quick," Allie commented. 

I rolled my eyes as a bus pulled around the corner in front of the airport. 

"Alright, class, single-file into the bus please," Miss Martin ordered. 

We filled into the bus, where 5 other people sat. The bus had 2 seats on each side except for the very back, which had 6 seats in a row. A girl was occupying the seat on the very left.

Cayden, Riley, me, Cameron, and Allie filed next to the girl.

Nobody paid our class any attention. Well, almost nobody.

As the bus started to move again, a voice cut through the quiet chatter. "So, how're you liking Canada so far?"

The girl in the left seat was looking at us expectantly.

"How'd you know we aren't locals?" Cayden said, grinning slightly. Two years ago, I might've been jealous. Now. . . eh.

"You got that tourist look," the girl said. "It's kinda obvious that this is your first time."

Riley, Cameron, and I shared a knowing look. "Yeah, this is our first time. . . " Cameron said in a slightly mocking voice. 

If the girl noticed the sarcasm, she didn't give any sign that she did. 

"I'd love to show you around if you want," she said, batting her eyes at an oblivious Cayden. Allie snickered.  

"Actually, we're headed for T&M's villa," Cayden said.

The girl seemed nice enough. Or at least she had until she said, "Oh, I could come with you! I'm like, best friends with them."

Excuse me? I've never seen you in my life.

Riley muttered, "Suuuuuure you are. . ."

I giggled. 

"Sorry, invite-only," Cameron said in a fake-sympathetic voice. 

The girl sighed. "That's too bad. I'm Leila, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Leila," Cayden said.

Leila giggled. "Nice to meet you, um. . . "

"Cayden," he responded.

Leila turned to us. "What are your names?"

"Mack," Cameron replied.

"Casey," Allie added. 

"Alissa," I chimed.

"Uh, Reece," Riley said.

Cayden tilted his head like, Why are you coming up with fake names?

I squinted my eyes. I don't trust this girl.

Cayden rolled his eyes. Whatever.

"Oh, so nice to meet you guys!" Leila gushed.  "Especially you, Cayden." She trailed her fingers up his bicep.

Cayden shot me a look, Help me!

Riley snorted. Nah, man, you're on your own.

Allie's POV:

I raised my eyebrows as if to say, Wow, we are pretty good at reading each other.

Cayden shot us another pleading look. Leila was still batting her eyes and trailing her fingers along his arm.

Maddie let out a melodramatic sigh. "Hey, sorry to burst your bubble, Leila, but Cayden already has a girlfriend."

Leila slowly retracted her hand. "Oh. You?"

Maddie blinked and burst out laughing. "Oh. . . my. . . god. . . you. . . think. . . HA HA HA!"

"Nah, his girlfriend's someone named, uh, Kira." Riley cut in. 

"Wow, I can't believe I'm helping my brother make up a girlfriend," Cameron muttered. Out loud, she said, "Yeah, super pretty, super-nice, smart, and liked by all. She does charity work at the animal shelter."

Maddie's laughter slowly trailed off.

"Oh. . . she sounds. . . really nice." Leila said sweetly. Ugh, so fake.

Cayden's POV:

I tried to put a dreamy expression. Maddie caught my eye. She was still laughing, her eyes gleaming with mirth. 

Riley's eyes widened. "Wow, dude, your face just suddenly went really dreamy. Way to sell it," he whispered.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Kira's great," I said to Leila. Thankfully, she seemed to believe us.

"Okay, class, this is our stop, time to switch buses!" Miss Martin announced.

I got up and waved weakly. "Well, see you. . . Leila."

She smiled sweetly. "See you guys!"

As we left the bus, Cameron rolled her eyes.

"What a fake," Allie muttered. 

"I know," Riley said.

"Right?" Maddie added.

I shrugged hesitantly. "I dunno, she seemed nice to me," I said as a small bus pulled up to the curb our class was standing on.

"Of course you did," Maddie sighed, leaning in close. "You sweet, gullible boy." 

We were inches apart. Maddie tapped my nose and pulled away. 

Riley laughed at my expression. 

"Next stop, T&M's villa!" Cameron squealed.

A/N: Hey! Sorry for updating so late, my computer -a.k.a the only device I can write on- restarted and I couldn't use it for 4 hours :(

Hopefully, the fact that I made the chapter extra-long makes up for it (probs not. . .). Bye!