Chapter 19

Allie's POV: 

We gathered in the common room, including Danny. 

"I think we should go back to that beach," Ian suggested.

Maddie shook her head. "Leila's mom works there, so Leila might be there too."

"Yeah, there's no way we're risking a meet-up with that snake," Alex said venomously. Alex was a person who was reasonable, but once she had proof that a person was bad, she held a serious grudge. "No offense," she said quickly, looking at Danny.

He held his hands up. "No sweat, I hate her too."

"You're cool," Alex decided, pointing a finger at Danny.

I laughed. Riley pulled an arm around me, and I leaned on him. 

I'm so lucky to have him as a boyfriend, I thought. Now if only we could get Cayden and Maddie together...

Jake leaned forward. "How 'bout we go to the carnival, I saw something online," he offered. 

We all nodded.

"Sounds fun," Mia commented.

Maddie grumbled. "With my luck, we'll probably run into her anyway," she said.

Alex grinned. "We can see if we can cause any trouble for her if we do," she suggested.

Maddie immediately perked up, and took on a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"When does it open?" Cameron asked.

Jake glanced down at his phone. "In forty-five minutes," he said.

I nodded. "Everybody get ready, and we'll meet in the living room in twenty minutes."

We hurried to our rooms to get ready. 

I thought I'd try a visual instead of loading all the pics in a chapter:

I pulled out a blue halter top, jean shorts, and the star earrings Maddie gave me for my birthday

I pulled out a blue halter top, jean shorts, and the star earrings Maddie gave me for my birthday. I drew my hair into two braids, and pulled on some blue Nikes.

Throwing my phone, wallet, and other essentials inside my bag, I headed out to see Maddie and Riley walk out into the hallway as well. 

Riley looked Maddie up and down. "You look like you're going to Santa's rock concert, not a carnival," he said.

Maddie shrugged. "I have no idea what you mean," she said innocently. She was wearing an off-the-shoulder red jumper, with black lace-up boots and black ripped jeggings.

I snickered. "I bet Cayden's gonna stare," I teased.

Maddie rolled her eyes. "Riley already is."

I glanced at Riley. He was, indeed, staring at me with his mouth open. I walked over to him and closed his mouth. He blinked, and blushed slightly. "Uh, you look nice," he said.