Chapter 22

A/N - I haven't been to many pop concerts so there's bound to be a thousand or so mistakes in here :>

"Italics in quotes" is for when it's only one of them singing, "italics in quotes underlined" is for when they're singing together. For "Glowing in the Dark", they'll sing accordingly with the OG part set-up; Riley singing the male part and Maddie the female.

The lyrics will skip lines sometimes, replaced by the story narration cause I didn't want my 1000-2000 words to be all song lyrics XD

Disclaimer: I don't own either of the songs in this chapter, one belongs to the show Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix (great show); "Edge of Great" and one by The Girl and The Dreamcatcher; "Glowing In the Dark".

Maddie's POV:

Riley offered his fist and I bumped it.

Song, then short speech...  identity reveal, song, done. Easy peasy.

I watched as the lights dimmed to pitch black, causing the cheering and the chattering in the audience to quiet.

I shot Riley a small smile and we both walked out onto the stage and took our positions; me in front since I was shorter, and Riley a couple feet behind me.

The feeling of my microphone helped settle my nerves.

A single, dim spotlight shone on my head, evoking some cheers. The spotlight was just light enough that they could see my figure, but not my face.

I smiled, and started: "Running from the past... tripping on the now... what is lost can be found, it's obvious~"

I spotted our group of friends in the audience, and a fresh wave of nervousness rolled over me. This was the most anxiety I'd had since our first major performance.

Riley came in, "Like a rubber ball, we come bouncing back; We all got a second act... inside of us~"

Our pre-recorded track came flowing through the speakers, colorful spotlights started moving around the stage, and Riley and I chorused: "I believe, I believe that we're just one dream... away from who we're meant to be- we're standing on the edge of..."

Riley grinned at me as we started to move. I smiled back and continued, "-something big, something crazy, our best days are yet unknown, that this moment is ours to own... cause we're standing on the edge of..."

Riley looked happy as he sang along with me. This was probably one of his favorite songs of ours. "Great~"

I saw Allie, Alex, and Cameron swaying to the song, and I smiled. It reminded me of when we'd fallen asleep one time at Allie's house while listening to this exact same song.

Riley seemed to be looking at Allie too and I had to force back a laugh. He continued singing with his eyes trained on her, "We all make mistakes... but they're just stepping stones, to take us where we wanna go, it's never straight, no..."

"Sometimes we gotta lean... lean on someone else, to get a little help, until we find our way~"

Cameron came to mind. That particular line was about when she'd found us working in our studio with several half-full cups of cold coffee. Lattes for me, black coffee for Riley. I never understood why he loved black coffee so much.

"Great~" I sang, then almost- almost- choked on my words when I saw Danny in the audience, who sent me a grin.

I could tell that Riley knew what I was thinking, and rolled my eyes. "Shout, shout, c'mon and let it out, out, don't gotta hide it, let your colors blind their eyes, be who you are, no compromise..."