Chapter 14

Riley's POV:

A buzzing sound woke me up. Groaning, I rolled to the side and saw a text from Ben on my phone. 

What does he want at 7:30 in the morning?

Ben: There's an event in one hour at the park celebrating pop music, and they would like you to attend. Get back to me soon after you discuss it with Maddie.

As soon as I read it, Maddie burst through the door and held out her phone.  "Did you get-" She tripped over her own foot and landed on the carpet. 

"One, yes I did, and two, how are you a successful dancer, you literally just tripped over air," I answered, holding back a laugh. 

"I did that on purpose," Maddie huffed, getting back up. 

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

"Should we go?" she asked, gesturing to her phone. 

"I mean, we could leave a note saying we went shopping or something," I suggested. 

My phone chimed again. 

Cammie: You guys are so loud, I'm surprised the others haven't woken up yet. Whatcha doing?

I showed Maddie the message. She picked up her phone and started texting.

Mads: Ben wants T&M to make an appearance in one hour

Cammie: U gonna do it?

Riley: IDK, should we?

Cammie: If u do, can I come?

Mads: Yeah, sure 😏

Riley: We could just make a quick appearance. . .

Mads: K. I'll let Ben know
              Wear hoods in case we run into somebody from the gang. . .
              Meet u guys in the living room :)

Maddie typed a quick message to Ben and stashed her phone away. "See you in five," she said quietly, walking out of the room.

I nodded. After tugging on a hoodie and some jeans, I walked downstairs to meet Cameron and Maddie.

"I told Charles to tell them we went shopping," Maddie announced as I stepped onto the carpeted floor.

"Great, now let's go," Cameron urged. 

We walked out of the house and into the giant driveway. Maddie started skipping to the end, Cameron and I chasing after her. 

"So, the park should be that way," Maddie said, pointed to the left.

"So, when are you gonna spill your guts to Allie?" Cameron asked me teasingly.

"Yeah, it's so obvious you both like each other," Maddie said.

I shook my head. "I'm not sure she likes me."

Maddie groaned. "Fine, whatever you say." She and Cameron exchanged looks. 

After seven more minutes of walking, the park came into view. 

"Okay, just a quick appearance," Maddie said, pulling her hood over her head. Cameron and I did the same. 

Riley: We're here

Ben: I'll let the organizer know. 

Maddie: Just a quick appearance, no performance yet

Ben: Got it. 👌🏻

Riley: Did you just. . .

Maddie: Use an emoji?