Chapter 16

A/N: Shout out to elektraaaaa for reminding me to update ;)

Cameron's POV:

We found Leila in the bathroom covered in shaving cream.

Maddie burst into silent laughter, clutching her stomach.

Allie reluctantly handed Leila a towel, and said, "Here."

Leila wiped off the shaving cream, revealing her red face. "Wow," she said. 

Allie laughed but quickly covered it up with a cough. 

Leila pouted. "Cayden, can you protect me from all these horrible traps? I'd hate to get injured," she simpered, clinging to his arm.

Cayden paled. "Yeah, um, sure, Leila," he mumbled quietly. 

Leila smiled. "Oh, you're so kind," she said.

Alex rolled her eyes. "So, Leila, what do you want to do?"

"Oh, well, I packed a swimsuit, do you wanna check out the pool?" she said.

"Sure," Jake said. I grinned, remembering that he'd put slime in one of the pool toys outside.

"Let's do the outdoor pool, it's nice out," Mia suggested, clearly thinking along the same lines. 

"Great," Leila gushed, still clinging onto Cayden. My poor brother's arm was turning pink from where Leila was grabbing him.

"Why are we all crowded in the bathroom," Leo wondered. Everybody hurried out.

"So I'll just change into my swimsuit here, and I'll meet you in the living room?" Leila suggested.

"Sure," I said, already climbing up the stairs. 

About ten minutes later, we all met up in the living room. 

"Cute swimsuit, Julie," Maddie exclaimed. 

Julie was wearing a black two-piece tankini, with a ruffled top and a flowered bottom. "Yeah," I agreed.

She blinked. "Wow, I am not used to you being nice, and thanks."

I shrugged. "I deserve that, and it's a long story why I chose to be bratty for senior year."

Leila scoffed. "Cayden, do you like my swimsuit? I chose it just for you," she said.

Riley leaned towards me and muttered, "Creepy."

I chuckled. 

"U-um, uh, y-yeah, i-it's great," Cayden stuttered. "Isn't it a little revealing, though?"

He was right. Leila's swimsuit was a two-piece bikini with the waistline hiking well above the waist. I internally shuddered.

Leila shrugged. "It's fine. Now, let's get to the pool!" she squealed.

Alex raised her hands weakly. "Yay..."

Maddie began walking towards the side entrance of the villa and we all followed. 

Stepping outside the house and into a gargantuan space, we saw the giant crystal clear pool.

"Honestly, this looks like an outdoor spa resort instead of a pool," Mia commented, her gaze sweeping across the area. "They even have palm trees!"

I laughed. "This place looks amazing at night, trust me."

Brandon gave me a questioning stare.

"Uh, I-I took an evening swim last night- uh, couldn't sleep," I lied, stuttering a bit.