Chapter 6

Maddie's POV:

"Hey, does anyone know how to recline this thing?" I heard Allie say. Cameron got up and went to help her. 

"Hey, did Miss Martin say where we're staying?" Riley asked. 

I tilted my head. "Huh. I don't think she did," I said. "I'll text Ben to see if he knows."

Maddie: Hey Ben, do you know where our class is staying?

DonaldDuck: I believe it is at one of your villas, the one in Yellowknife.

I snickered, remembering that I'd changed Ben's contact name earlier. I showed Riley my screen.

He chuckled. "Yes! The Yellowknife villa is my favorite one."

Maddie: Thanks, Ben, you're the best :)

DonaldDuck: I expect chocolates in return.

Riley looked over my shoulder again and laughed. "He has a serious chocolate addiction," he commented. 

"Who does?" Cameron said, sitting on the couch on my other side. I showed her my screen. She pumped a fist in the air. "The Yellowknife villa is your best one."

"That's what I said, too," Riley said.

For the two and a half hours, we did 3 things; talk, snack, and used our phones. 

"Hey, it's been two and a half hours, we forgot to wake them up," Cameron said. 

I opened a can of Sierra Mist. "Eh, let them sleep." 

The fizzy soda spewed up from the can, and I quickly tilted it towards Riley instead, covering him with foam. 

He wiped off the foam from his glasses. "Seriously?"

I shrugged. "Every person for themselves when it comes to exploding soda. At least you have glasses," I commented, taking a sip.

Cameron laughed. "Classic Maddie."

The noise woke Allie up. "Hey, guys- why is Riley covered in foam?"

Cameron and Riley pointed at me. "Traitors," I muttered. I held up my can of Sierra Mist and Allie nodded as if that explained everything.

Cameron pulled out her phone and snapped a picture.

"Hey, nice phone case," Allie commented. 

"Thanks," Cameron said. She held up her phone case, which said 'girls just wanna have fun-damental human rights'.

I heard a 'ping' and pulled out my phone. 

"Since when did you have an iPhone 11? Last time I checked, you had an iPhone 8," Allie said, staring at my Mickey-Mouse-covered case. 

I grinned sheepishly. "Yeah. . . this is my other phone," I said.

She shook her head. "Why am I even surprised?" she said to herself.

I laughed at the photo of Riley. I showed it to him, and he chuckled. "Okay, I do look pretty funny. Send it to me?"

I nodded and sent it to him. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts as we start to decline," a voice said over the announcements.

Riley went to the bathroom to change.

We sat down in our seats to see that Cayden had already changed back into his old clothes. "You know what, we should probably change too," Allie suggested.

Riley's POV:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have landed in Yellowknife, Canada, where the local time is currently 4:09 AM," the announcement blared. I came out to see the girls had already changed and put the food into bags. 

"I took that long?" I asked. 

Maddie nodded. "Don't worry, we know you need time to do your hair," she teased. 

"Not as much as Cayd, trust me," Cameron said, looking at her brother. He pinched her. "Ow!"

As the plane rolled to a stop, Cayden and I began unloading the bags. He grinned when he saw Maddie's Mickey Mouse backpack. 

Grabbing their suitcases, the girls walked towards the exit, and we followed them. 

After we had exited the plane, Maddie sat on her suitcase and gestured to me. I grinned. We did this every single time when we were flying as T&M, and I guess this time counted.

I held on to the suitcase straps and started to push her forward, speeding up to a run. She threw up her arms and whooped. 

The rest of the class burst out laughing.

"Kids, please be careful!" Miss Martin called after us. 

I waved her off. "She won't fall, don't worry."

"Well, I'd hate for us to arrive at T&M's villa in more than one piece," Miss Martinez warned.

Cheers erupted. 

"Yay, best school trip ever!" Mia squealed.

"Awesome," Julie said quietly.

"Wait, will T&M be there?" Brandon asked. 

Miss Martin shook her head. "No, T&M will be staying somewhere else in order to prepare for their concert."

"Wait, I thought we still had another flight," Maddie said, confused. "On the form it said-"

"Yes, we were going to fly to JFK, but we decided to have you guys separately meet there instead."

"Ooh, that makes sense," Maddie said. 

I slowed to a walk, and Maddie pouted.

"Hey Maddie Tanaka!" a random girl shouted.

"Look, it's Riley Martinez!"

"Wait, how do they know you guys?" Brandon said.

Crap. I forgot that people would recognize T&M at the airport.