Chapter 20

A/N: O_O Wow, twenty chapters! I thought this would be around like, 16...

Maddie's POV:

"Oh... no, no, no..."

I ran my hand through my hair as I watched the video replay. T assaults helpless teen!

Nononononononononono...

Riley was on the phone with Ben, trying to clear up the misunderstanding. 

Cameron rubbed my back. "It's only been one night, I'm sure not many people have seen it."

I glanced at the number of views. 3.4K.

"Cammie, there's thirty-four hundred views! Everybody thinks I attacked that boy, this is a disaster," I said, flopping back on my bed.

Riley hung up and ran his hands through his hair, again. "I told them what happened and they're trying to get it under control, but since it's so close to the concert, they can't really do much except hope people listen."

Cameron cringed. "The only thing I can think of is 'Any PR is good PR' but we all know that's not true."

I groaned into a pillow. "Okay," I said, sitting up. "Change of topic. How are we going to get away for final rehearsal?"

Cameron hummed. "I could stay behind and cover for you," she said. "Or we could suggest a free-for-all day, so that it'll be less suspicious if you guys sneak away."

I nodded. "Oh, have you seen our outfits yet?" I asked, turning to Riley.

He shook his head. "All I know is that we have something covering our face so we can do the identity reveal."

"Ok, then," I said. I headed towards my door and started shouting, "Get up people, it's a new day!"

No one responded. "It is six in the morning..." Riley said.

I shrugged. "No problem. I'll just play that awful rock music my dad listens to."

I searched up the song, connected my phone to a speaker on the shelf, and set it in the hall. Two seconds later, the air filled up with clashing drums and whiny guitar.

Allie stumbled out of her room, her hair in a hasty messy bun, and a crumpled up T-shirt.

I heard a thump on the wall and Cayden stumbled out of his room, groaning. "What time is it-"

"Six fifteen," Riley announced. 

The others slowly began to walk out of their rooms, most of them dazed. 

Brandon hmph-ed. "What in the world- Maddie what time is it?"

"Six fifteen- actually, sixteen now."

Alex sighed. "Ok, but, why'd you wake us up?"

I shrugged. "Sorry- got excited. Whaddya wanna do today?"

Alex sighed. "Can we do a free-for-all?"

Riley nodded. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea. You can go back to sleep if you want," he said, looking sheepish.

Cayden grumbled something, and turned back to his room. The others did the same. 

Cameron eyed me. "You didn't have to wake them up this early."

I shrugged again. "I know."

Riley sighed and retreated to his room. 

At 4:30, the three of us walked into the common room. "Hey guys," Cameron said. 

Allie waved at us, and then went back to watching Alex and Brandon's hand-slapping competition. 

I laughed as Alex slapped Brandon's already red hand. 

"Maddie's dragging Cammie and I to a stuffed animal place, so we'll be back in two hours. You guys can stay here," Riley said. 

Alex nodded, and Brandon slapped her hands. She frowned. "Yeah, yeah- we'll tell the others."

I nodded. As we walked downstairs, Riley said, "That was easy."

Cameron shrugged. "Eh."

Kris pulled up in the driveway just as we stepped outside. "Bonjour! I see Mademoiselle Anderson is with you today."

I nodded in greeting. Riley tilted his chin up and said, "Hey, Kris."

Cameron waved. 

As we got in and the car started to move, Cameron grabbed a piece of chocolate. "I always love riding in this thing."

I laughed, and pulled out a bunch of Cow Tales from one of the compartments.

Ten minutes later, we arrived in front of a familiar studio. 

"Here we are," Kris said. "I'll be back at 7:15."

I thanked him and we got out. He drove away, and I turned to the white-brick building.

Once we stepped inside the lobby, the secretary, Melissa, greeted us. "Bryan is in Studio D."

Bryan was our choreographer. We met him up stairs, stopping in front of a door labeled with a large letter D.

As we stepped inside, he looked up. "Hey guys. I heard about the video."

I groaned. "That was taken out of context- the guy assaulted me first!"

Bryan nodded. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Anyway, are you ready?"

I nodded, and me and Riley stepped into our positions as Bryan clicked 'play'.

Cameron moved to the back wall of the studio, and watched us as we started to dance.

Alex's POV:

I suspected something. 

Half an hour earlier, Maddie, Cameron, and Riley had supposedly come back from the stuffed animal shop, or whatever.

Maddie had gone straight to her room, mumbling something about 'checking the webpage'.

Riley had walked over to the common room and gotten an icepack, for some reason.

Cameron- well, she acted normal. 

But the one thing that tipped me off was that they didn't have any stuffed animals with them.

"So," I said casually. "What stuffed animal did she pick?" 

Riley froze. "What?"

"You guys went to the stuffed animal place, right? What animal did she get?" I asked.

Panic crossed Riley's face for a brief second before it was covered by forced calm. "She couldn't decide."

I nodded. "Gotcha."

That was suspicious...

For the rest of the day and night, I kept my eye out for any weird behavior.

They didn't slip up, but I had a feeling I'd find out soon.

A/N: Ok so I'm not gonna make this story mainly Caddie anymore- I'll let you decide who you want to ship her with ;)

Sorry this was a bit short T-T