5. Lucario's Thoughts

(Hello everyone!
I'm back with another chapter inspired by this art. Credit goes to the artist.
ฅ'ω'ฅ
Pokemon is not mine. The characters are not mine.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

It had been a month since Death's visit and Lucario had stuck like glue to Ash. At first it had confused both Ash and Red, the over protectiveness of Lucario, but as time went by they got used to it. Red had asked their father why but even Cypress couldn't explain it. Lucario knew, he was worrying his pack but he just couldn't help it. His instincts had gone haywire a month ago and was taking time to calm down. 

Flashback:

Lucario was with Ash as he heard the conversation going on below. He couldn't blame the older cub for being worried honestly.

Red, "Dad, is everything alright at work?"

Cypress, "Of course, why wouldn't it be?"

Red hesitated, "It's just Lucario is being really protective of Ash and I for some reason. So, I thought something happened that caused him to act this way."

Cypress sighed, "I see..... Well Red I really can't explain it. Just one night Luc here freaked out for some reason and ran to Ash's room ready for battle."

Lucario grumbled, as he couldn't explain the feeling and presence, he had felt that day like a dangerous being that didn't belong had come.

Red became alarmed, "What? Was it a burglar? Or kidnapper?"

Cypress, "I don't know son. All I know is that it scared Luc and now, the way he is behaving is the result of it."

Red frowned, "Should I call Green and tell him? I mean the Professor's ranch and Pokemon are just next door, and it's possible that they were the real target."

Lucario frowned on hearing that. It was a possible explanation he supposed but he trusted his instincts. His instincts were screaming at him his cub was the actual target, though he wishes he was wrong.

Cypress frowned, it was a possibility but somehow he felt it wasn't that simple, "Maybe you should call them... I don't think Luc will let you out of sight that easily."

Red blushed remembering how Lucario had followed him to his pre school and back diligently. Green had commented it was really cool and sweet that Luc was making sure he was safe. Red had been truly surprised the first time it happened and flattered. After a week though he started to suspect something was off and he had decided to ask his Dad.

Flashback end!

Now Ash was planning to go outside and check out the forest that surrounded the North and East side of Pallet town. He had to agree to let Lucario be his guide if he wanted to go out there however and to only stay on the outskirts and not go deep inside. His parents were undeniably against it but after Ash promised to stay close to Lucario they finally relented. Ash hummed as he got ready for his trip

Lucario watched him as he got ready for his excursion. The cub always managed to amuse and calm him, intentionally or not. He knows despite his age, Ash held power, a very curious one. He had first thought it was aura but as time flew he realized it was more than that. Lucario had also learned a few days ago that Ash could understand him. It had been a surprise for everyone when Ash had answered Lucario during dinner but Lucario had been pleased.

Lucario, -Don't forget the extra bandages. You never know you might need them cub.-

Ash, "Got it Uncle Luc ~ Ah! Uncle have you seen the..... "

Lucario, -I'm carrying the extra glass bottles you wanted. Why you need it though I don't think I understand.-

Ash smiled, "It is to collect any plant or root or something that catch my eye. You never know what interesting things you may find in the forest."

Another quirk that pleased Lucario was the familial title Ash gave him, he didn't mind of course but it always made him happy. Ash finally finished packing his bag and took Lucario's paw as they went downstairs. Red had already left for school and his Dad had gone to work with Chansey and his newly caught Arcanine. They had saved the poor dog Pokemon from a bunch of Pokemon thieves. The Arcanine hadn't allowed anyone but Cypress and Chansey to touch him after they had healed him. He had even snarled at Lucario in the beginning but somewhere and somehow, when they weren't looking Ash had befriended the feral Pokemon and calmed him down. Arcanine had become pack after that and had become a very trusted member.

Delia smiled at them from the kitchen, "Are you ready sweethearts? I packed lunch for both of you to eat when you get hungry. Ash sweetie, stay close to Lucario alright. He's the only reason your Dad and I are allowing you to go. Lucario take care of Ash alright?"

Lucario nodded, -Of course.- 

Ash smiled, "Don't worry about me Mama. I'll always stay near Uncle Luc and I won't go far, I promise. We'll be back by evening, as planned."

Delia smiled and waved them goodbye from the door. She sighed, 'They grow up so fast and soon Red will be going on his journey followed by Ash. Ah! I need to get ready for work myself.'

The duo walked together towards the East side of town. They saw the Professor's ranch and some of the Pokemon living there. As they were almost at the edge of the forest Ash heard his name being called from behind. It was Gary and looks like he ran after him when he walked pass their property.

Gary panted, "Ash, finally I caught up to you. What are you doing going in that direction? Grandpa says it's dangerous for us to go their without an adult or a Pokemon."

Ash smiled hearing the worried tone in his friend's voice, "Hi Gary and don't worry I'm not alone. I'm going there with Uncle Luc here. Also he's in charge today."

Gary looked at the tall, for him at least aura Pokemon, then looked back at Ash, "That's your Dad's Lucario right? I still don't think it's a good idea. What if something happens and separates you guys?"

Ash pouted at that while Lucario gave an amused laugh. Watching the two was always a delight and he didn't mind, he suppose, if young Gary joined them.

Lucario, -Why don't you invite him to come with us cub? It'll be better with three instead of two and Delia did pack us enough lunch. So we won't have problems sharing either.-

Ash brightened, "Gary do you want to come with us?"

Gary, "What?"

Ash, "Yeah! Come with us it'll be fun. I was thinking about having a picnic with Lucario only but now I can share food with you."

Gary thought about it, "Okay! Just let me tell Leaf that I'm going to spend the day with you. Maybe I can grab some extra food too. You better wait for me here however."

Ash promised and waited with Lucario as Gary went back to inform his sister. Ash noticed he was carrying a picnic basket when he finally came out. Leaf had said something to Gary which made Gary blush. Ash wanted to know what was being said but didn't want to be rude and stayed where he was. Leaf saw Ash and Lucario and gave a wave mouthing 'Have fun!', before going back inside.

Gary was a little pink when he reached Ash, "Sisters, seriously so nosey! They should really watch what they are saying."

Ash giggled hearing Gary grumble before taking his hand, "Ready to go Gary?"

Gary looked at their joined hands turning pink, "Yeah sure. Lead the way Lucario, we'll follow."

Lucario had smirked at Gary riling him up before turning and leading the way to the forest. He had heard what young Leaf had told Gary and he couldn't help but be amused. The child's crush on his cub was truly adorable. Whether it'll grow into more or fade away, only time would tell.

(To be continued......
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
I really wanted to write Lucario's thoughts and I really hope I stayed true to Lucario's character.
^o^
Till next time my lovely readers!)