30. Visit from a Gym Leader

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine, the art is not mine either. It is done by PKLucario on deviant art.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

After the festival was over, life went on as it did for Ash and Gary. They had a sleepover where they shared what they found with their older brothers. Red and Green were legit stumped by the books and the language, but they did not want to take them from their siblings. So, Ash had instead proposed they photocopy the books then all of them would have a copy with them.

Green was curious, "Why do you want a copy of these?"

Red scratched his cheek, "Well, honestly speaking, it's a long shot but I'm hoping someone in Rota might know something."

Gary blinked, "You think so?"

Ash hummed, "It'll be easier, if we have a template to refer to."

Green looked contemplative, "I'll ask Sabrina this weekend, if she knows something.

Red brightened, "She agreed to help?"

Green smiled, "More like she sensed me and offered to help. She even offered to help me find a Pokemon to help with my powers."

Gary hugged him, "I'm glad. I was worried."

Green hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry for worrying you. It'll be okay, there is always a solution to problems."

Gary smiled as he let go, "Wanna help us figure out the ingredients for this recipe?"

Red looked at the page he had opened, "What is it? Is it an old recipe for something delicious?"

Ash giggled, "From what we can tell it is medicine actually. For broken bones."

Green's eyes lighted up, "Seriously? That's pretty cool."

The four of them had spent the evening till bedtime discussing about the items in the recipe. Some of the items made them scratch their head as they were completely unheard of, like scarab beetles, puffer fish. Green decided to get a carbon dating for the book done as it was obvious they were not going anywhere. Red agreed with Green on that choice. They had fried rice, tempura and salad for dinner before shelving the books and sleeping. The next day both Ash and Gary went to school while Red accompanied Green to the Professor's lab.

Samuel, "Ah! Red, Green, good morning! How are you feeling today?"

Green, "Morning gramps, I'm good."

Red, "Morning Professor!"

Samuel, "Green, Gym leader, Sabrina called me yesterday late evening. She said she'll come today to help you pick a Psychic type Pokemon to help your powers."

Red perked up, "That's great, isn't it?"

Green nodded, "Okay, but is there a reason why? I mean, I was supposed to go this weekend, a few days from now."

Samuel sighed, "Yesterday, she couldn't feel your presence anymore and she got worried. Therefore, she's coming today to check on you and bringing some of her starter psychic Pokemon to help you."

Red blinked before his mouth twitched, "I think, I know why she could not sense you."

Green noticed Red staring at his bracelet, "Yeah! I think, I do too. Huh! So this can hide us really well."

Samuel looked at the two youngsters, "Hmmm... Is there something I missed."

Red looked at the Professor and showed his bracelet, "Did you know Professor? Ash and Gary found a very interesting treasure last year. This was what they found."