31. Kingdom of Rota

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine. The art is not mine either. It was done by Star Soul in deviant art. Check them out for more.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

The week passed by without much happening in Pallet town. Green, Ash and Gary went to their classes at their respective institutions. Green had impressed the Psychic Masters with his power and strength and got nothing but praise, however when it came to finesse, he still had a long way to go. Red spent his time following his Dad around, working on his stamina and endurance, which as it turned out were his weakest points, although just like Green he had abundance of power.

Flashback:

Lucario, -You are strong cub, but unfortunately your greatest weakness are your inexperience, stamina and endurance. We'll need to work on them really hard before we teach you more combat techniques.-

Cypress, "Lucario is right son, we are going to train you using weights. It'll help you increase the stamina and endurance. As for experience, you will be shadowing me during my patrols around the forest. Understood?"

Red nodded, "I understand Dad, Lucario."

Flashback end!

So, it turned out in Pallet town it was only Ash, his mom, Gary and his Grandfather, whenever he was not being called to a meeting. Gary's mother was busy helping the trainers get back on their feet after the poachers fiasco while his father was on a business trip, trying to get information on the bigwigs who may or may not have been involved in the human trafficking. It was a risky move and Cypress had not been happy with his friend endangering himself, but he knew Blue could take care of himself.

Now, it was the end of the month and Gary was excited, tonight they would be going to Rota with Red and Cypress. Green had insisted on being present when Red got his first Pokemon and Sabrina had smirked a bit, when she allowed him to leave early for Rota. Gary and Ash had spent the month going to classes, doing homework and if they finished homework early, then playing with the wild Pokemon who would come to the outskirts of the forest.

Gary thought as he finished packing, 'Done! I wonder what Pokemon Red will choose. And if he'll take part in the tournament tomorrow. I can't wait to see Green, it's been a while.'

Gary left the house, "See ya on Monday, gramps~"

Samuel, "Have fun, Gary!"

Gary met up with Ash and Red outside their house and the three of them walked together towards the train station. The two talked about how the classes were going and how half the things they were learning, they already knew thanks to Blaine's lessons. They actually had to do advance courses so they would not be bored and disturb the others. Red simply commented on how he and Green had to take advanced lessons too, as the two of them easily breezed through the syllabus. They met Cypress at the station who ushered them to a private compartment with four beds. They spent the evening talking about what was expected of them once they arrived in Rota. After they finished dinner, Ash took out a lunch box.

Ash grinned, "Mom sent some muffins for dessert. Here Lucario, Litten, Eevee, Pikachu, we made poke muffins for you guys."

Pikachu, -Come and have it!-

Litten, -I want the blueberry one.-

Lucario patted their head, -There is enough for all.-

Red grinned as well, "Alright, I want the orange."

Gary looked at the three left, "Green apple for me."

Cypress laughed at their antics biting on his own muffin, "Well, once you have eaten make sure to brush and sleep. We'll be in Rota early morning before sun rises. We'll be meeting the Guardians first, Green will meet us there as well."