20. The Chained Dragon

(Hello everyone....
Found that on amazon. A Dragonite plushie, it's so adorable but I can't buy it because money.
Pokemon is not mine.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash and Gary enjoyed their simple lunch which consisted of steamed rice, pork curry, sour and sweet pickles and salad. The Pokemon were enjoying their own food around them, Lance quietly observed. He also observed how some of the younger Pokemon stayed really close to the young boys even though they avoided him and Blaine. Blaine ate as he observed the young Champion's reaction to the kids and the Pokemon. The Professor knew, that as a Champion, Lance was no doubt informed of the two boys who were registered in the league before they had started training.

Blaine placed his food down and smirked, "You know you can ask Champion. I won't guarantee we have all the answers but we'll try to explain what we can."

Lance deadpanned at what Blaine called him before turning to Ash and Gary who were looking at him, "Hm.. Okay. First question! What are you guys exactly? Psychics? Aura Guardians? Healers? Whisperers?"

Ash blinked, "I'm not any of those. I guess I can do a bit of everything, but I'm not sure where I fall."

Gary shrugged, "I just activated my ability yesterday. I honestly have no idea which category I fall under either."

Lance blinked, "Ah! That's a little troublesome, isn't it? How do you train then? I know that each group has it's own methods and training routine."

Blaine spoke up, "It's a bit of a hit and run right now. A trial and error method, you could say. The kids see what they can do and practice it, till they can perform it, without problems."

Lance frowned, "This was not written in their files."

Blaine hummed, "There was nothing to write. Till we figure out, what they can do and what it is, that part will remain blank."

Gary perked up, "There is a file on us in the league? Huh, I did not think they would make one already. Isn't it too early?"

Blaine smirked, "Your dear grandfather has been very adamant in keeping you safe, kiddo."

Gary nodded, "Yeah! He has always been the over protective type despite his goofy act."

Ash was observing Lance, "Lance, why do you feel muted?"

Lance got confused, "Muted? What do you mean?"

Gary stared hard at Lance as well, "Ash is right your core does feel muted, kinda like... I don't know it has been locked up or something like that."

Dragonite became alarmed behind Lance turned to Pikachu, -What do you notice? What does he see? Can you ask him please?-

Pikachu nodded and went to Ash, -Ash! Dragonite wants to know what is going on.-

Ash blinked, "Ah! I'm not sure myself, it's really hazy. The core I'm feeling from him."

Blaine, "Am I right in saying everyone has a core?"

Gary nodded, "Yes, yes, you are! The difference being whether the core is active or dormant. Lance here has an active core from what we can tell but something is...... Well hiding? No that's not the right word.... "

Ash's eyes were glowing orangish in colour, "Held down! Your active core has been locked up and held down by something or maybe someone."

Gary nodded, "What he said! It's a bit weird feeling it. It looks like, there are so many chains around it. It's so creepy!"

Blaine frowned, "Well, I certainly did not expect to learn about this today. I must say from your expression you did not know about this did you, Lance?"