26. It's Never Easy

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine. The picture is from anime food page.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Cypress and his team of Pokemon returned home at the end of the month, mentally and physically exhausted. They had busted not only a poachers camp but also a human trafficking ring that was supporting the poaching indirectly. The league had been unforgiving when they found ten trainers ranging from the age of nineteen to thirteen being held and ready to be auctioned to who knows where and whom. Cypress ran his hand through his hair as he got off Arcanine's back, and looked at the fields surrounding Pallet town.

Lucario nudged him worried, -Cypress? Are you alright?-

Cypress gave a small smile that looked as exhausted as he felt, "I'll be fine, when I see my kids safe and sound."

Lucario nodded starting to walk again, -Today is a Saturday. If I remember correctly, they don't have any school today. I think we can find them out here.-

Cypress blinked, "If they have finished all their assignments, no doubt Lia will allow the kids out to play."

Arcanine sniffed the air before running west to the forest, -I know where they are right now.-

Lucario nodded and ran after Arcanine with Cypress following him not far behind. They went through the fields, shining a golden orange in the evening sun, into the forest following the scent that Arcanine picked up. The three of them heard talking and laughter coming from the clearing ahead of them. As they came to the clearing Cypress found Ash and Gary showing their older siblings how to use their powers. Wait a minute, what? Cypress blinked and blinked again, and yes his eldest son and Green were also using a form of energy.

Cypress shook his stupor and called them, "Kids, I'm back!"

Lucario eyed them, -We're back ~-

Arcanine rumbled his greeting, making Pikachu, Eevee, Litten and Charmander greet them in return. As the Pokemon chatted the kids turned to greet the adults. Red eyed his father who despite not being hurt looked like he had walked through hell and back.

Ash smiled happily, "Daddy, you're home."

Red smiled not pointing it out, "Welcome back Dad."

Gary, "Welcome home, Uncle Cy."

Green noticed the same thing as Red but didn't say it out loud, "Sup Uncle."

Cypress laughed as he picked up Ash who had rushed to hug him, seeing his kids safe and sound was such a relief. He finally relaxed as he hugged Red while holding Ash. Green and Gary walked over to them grinning from ear to ear. The happy emotion being contagious, the wild Pokemon that were playing with them, however kept their distance from the adult human and just observed them. The three Mew waved farewell to them with a promise to play again next time.

Ash waved back, "We will play again soon, promise. Thank you for helping Green and my brother activate their abilities."

Gary waved enthusiastically as well, "Yeah, we will see you again tomorrow. Promise!"

The three Mew nodded then disappeared from the area. Cypress knew his kids and the Mew were friends but he didn't realize how good friends till today. It made him worry about allowing either Red or Green go on their journeys. They would become targets pretty fast and that's not counting the poachers and traffickers.

Ash frowned seeing a worried look on his Dad, "Daddy, are you okay?"

Cypress sighed tightening his hold, "Just a bit worried about the future. You kids are growing up fast."