17. A Gift or Two

(Hello everyone....
A second update on the same day...
Pokemon is not mine. The art is by LeoKatana from Deviant art.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Entei watched the two human cubs and the two Pokemon who were barely adult themselves. He noticed how the Pokemon were clinging to the two children, as if afraid they would be stolen otherwise. He looked at Moltres who was flying above and was sure she noticed the same things he did. He wondered, if the three Mew played a trick on them that made them that way. He then switched his attention to the older human following them with Houndoom and Hitmontop. He guessed the elder human, was in charge entrusted the safety of the two youngsters. Entei nodded his head in satisfaction, not all humans were selfish.

Cooper was looking around and recording everything in excitement, "This is amazing! I never thought I would be able to get an up close video of Moltres let alone Entei. You kids are like Lucky Charms ~"

Gary snickered at that, "My parents differ from you."

Cooper huffed, "They should listen to me then. It's already very rare to get a clear shot of Moltres or Entei. It's even more rare to video them. Oh Mew! The fact they did not attack us straight away is a big thing in itself."

Ash looked at him curiously, "What do you mean Cooper? Why would they attack us?"

Gary, "Yeah, they are wild Pokemon, not berserkers."

Cooper looked at the two kids who were looking at him with true genuine curiosity and confusion. The two of them truly believed Pokemon would never hurt them. He was there when the good Professor Oak explained their habits and personalities to them, but he could not believe it. Now though, looking at them, he could finally believe the Professor's words and understand why he worried.

Cooper put down the video camera and scratched his head, "How do I explain? In fact I don't even know if I should be telling you about this. You are not even trainers after all."

Ash pat his hand, as they continued walking, "It's okay, Cooper. Just tell us what you are able to say. We'll figure things out soon enough. We seem to figure things out before anyone else does, if we put our interest in it."

Gary piped up, "Yeah, like how we figured out why the description of Mew in different places are so different. There is more than one Mew, there are three of them to be exact."

Moltress did not fall, nope, -They actually showed themselves to them?-

Entei eyed the cubs, -Looks like it. What are those three miscreants up to?-

Cooper chuckled, "I know, when your Grandpa showed proof to the league they were shocked and flabbergasted. I don't think, I have ever seen the boss be shocked before or the President for that matter. He kept your names out of it, of course."

Ash smiled, "Yeah, we asked him to keep our names out. Dad told me there were people, bad people out there that might try to use us to capture and hurt our friends."

Gary nodded, "We don't want to see them hurt or lose them, you know."

Cooper smiled at the two kids gently, they really were very kind and caring, "Well, your Dad was not wrong in his worry. There are people out there like that."

Cooper pointed at the two Legendaries, "In fact, those type of people keep on trying to capture those two."

Ash looked up at Entei who was going ahead of them and at Moltres flying above them. Gary frowned as well, he just met his new friends and did not like that someone out there wanted to hurt them. It did not sit well with him at all. He knows, Ash did not like it either from his worried look.