11. Evolution

(Hello lovely readers! I'm back with another chapter.
The art is by Benalvya on deviant art. Pokemon is not mine.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

It had been two months since their informative dinner, together with the Oaks. Over the course of the two months, the Oaks had invited the Ketchums for a dinner as well. Ash and Gary were the most delighted with the dinner party, especially when Grandpa Oak let them go play with the nocturnal Pokemon on the ranch. The Pokemon in turn were very happy and excited to play with the two boys, especially the ghost types. Lucario and Blue's Blastoise watched over all of them to make sure none of the Pokemon take off with the boys in their excitement. They were not in danger, no far from it actually, but he did not fancy searching for them in the dark. Unknown to the boys however, they were being observed by their fathers and the resident Professor. The three of them noticed how drawn the ghost type Pokemon were towards Ash.

Flashback to the dinner:

Professor Oak chuckled, "Well, would you look at that? Who knew that grumpy Gengar of yours would like another human? Eh Blue."

Blue was watching the adorable scene with a contemplative look, "No joke Dad, I'm pretty surprised too."

Cypress watched worried, "What do you mean? Is something wrong with him?"

Professor Oak, "Well Cypress, Blue's Gengar here is very picky and short tempered. He doesn't normally like people much especially when it evolved from a Haunter to Gengar. I'm surprised he's even playing with Ash and Gary. Usually he's off minding he's own business. Or hiding in the shadows around here."

Cypress hummed in understanding, "I see... That's a very curious one then. Wasn't he one of the first Pokemon you caught, Blue?"

Blue nodded smiling, "Yes, he is also the strongest Pokemon I have. A stubborn one too, never gives up a fight and refuses to quit training unless he wins the match again."

Leaf walked in with a jump in her steps, "Daaad, Graaamps, Uncle Cyyy, mom and Aunt Lia are calling you all for dinner. I'm going to get Red and Green."

The dinner was a fun affair and Ash especially enjoyed the pot roast and the Hoenn special tiramisu dessert. Delia and Rosalind moved to the couch and took Leaf with them to question her on the boy she had a crush on. Gary and Green snickered at their sister's red face. She looked at them for help but they pretended not to notice. It served her right for teasing them non stop all the time. Grandpa Oak however got their attention.

Grandpa Oak cleared his throat, "Ahem! Ash, Gary. This may come as a sudden surprise but next month I'm going to meet an old friend of mine. Would you like to join me?" 

Ash and Gary blinked, they were surprised by the sudden offer. They knew the Professor always got invites to different places. However he never took any of them with him. He was quit serious when it came to privacy and security of his family.

The Professor continued hen they didn't answer, "I know, this is a sudden plan but that's why, I'm giving you time to decide whether or not you want to come. I promise, if you do agree to tag along, it'll be fun and educational."

Ash and Gary had both nodded not sure what to say to that sudden invite and the adults became immersed in their conversation. Green had taken Red to his room while in the middle of the conversation to play the latest video game and only came out when it was time to leave.

Flashback end!

Now Ash was training Pichu to master some of his moves. So far he had mastered Tail Whip, agility and charm, it worked on the female Pokemon very well. They were now trying to learn Nasty Plot and Nuzzle. From what Ash and Gary figured out little Pichu had two egg moves which were Charge and Wish. Gary and Eevee had taken a break from training and were currently going through a book that was filled with the different types of evolution for Eevee. Eevee had so far mastered Growl, Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack and Swift. Eevee just like Pichu had two egg moves which were Detect and Curse.