46. Summer Camp

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine! The picture is a screenshot from the anime Pokemon Journeys. Goh and Chloe are adorable. I just can't not add them.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Time moved on in Pallet town and soon summer came around along with it summer vacation and a very popular activity, Summer Camp. Goh was excited as he sat with his best friend Chloe, in the bus that headed towards Professor Oak's summer camp. Goh was looking out of the window chattering about the Pokemon that they would see at the camp. Chloe was just listening to her longest time friend amused by his excited chatter. Soon enough, the bus came to a stop at a very quaint little town with forest surrounding it. Their teachers rounded them up and did a head count before leading the twenty kids towards the camp which was a located a little further away from the town.

Goh noticed two kids talking to an older man, 'They can't be much older than me.'

Professor Oak saw the newcomers, "Good morning everyone!"

All the kids answered, "Good morning Professor!"

Professor Oak smiled, "Welcome to the Pokemon summer camp. Here you will be observing Pokemon and doing a lot of activities related to them. Now you kids see those tables over there? They hold cameras and poke feed for you to take pictures of the Pokemon and feed them."

The Professor lead them to the table as he continued to explain, "Now this young man here is Ash Ketchum. He is a volunteer and is in charge of the pokefeed. If you need help, you kids can ask him. And this here is my grandson Gary, who is also volunteering for today. He's in charge of the cameras, so if you need extra rolls or instructions on how to take pictures he's here to help you."

Goh was a bit surprised when he heard Ash was a boy, 'He looks so pretty though with the ponytail.', he touched the clip on his hair and couldn't help but feel happy.

Goh brightened up, "I can't wait to see all the Pokemon here."

Professor Oak grinned, "Indeed, now why don't you all grab a camera and a bag of poke feed from the tables. My two volunteers will help you with any confusion."

He got a chorus of 'Okays', before the kids moved to the two tables. Litten and Eevee sat in front of them tables making the kids coo at them, while Pikachu stayed next to Ash as Charmander watched the new kids with a curious eye. Some of the kids were fascinated by the Charmander who was quite large in size by now, not as big as Charmeleon but still and they commented on how cute Pikachu was. The Pokemon soaked up the attention easily making Gary relax, he was a bit worried they might not get along with the new kids. Ash smiled at him understanding his worry as he explained the different feed that were in the disposable bags. Gary noticed one of the kids was listening to Ash very attentively, as he was explaining to his audience on how to use the camera. He was, Gary would admit, adorable to look at with the red clip on his hair. Once the explanations were done the kids took off in groups of two and three to look for Pokemon.

Ash giggled, "All the poke feed bags are gone. I'm going to grab some more."

Gary smiled, "I'll go with you. It'll be faster if we both carry the stuff. You guys stay here okay."

Litten, -We'll watch out for them.-

Eevee nodded, -Don't worry.-

Pikachu, -Between Gengar, Charizard and the four of us we can handle it.-

Charmander yawned, -This place is safe. What could happen anyway?-

Pikachu hit the fire lizard, -Do not jinx it.-

Eevee looked at him exasperated, -Yeah man. Or the next thing we know we have a problem in our laps.-

Gary laughed, "Don't fight guys. We'll be back in a jiff."