54. Planning payback

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine and the art is made by Evan Lian. Deviant art and Twitter.
Check her out!
Her email is on the lower left hand corner of the picture.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

The group decided to stay at the Pokemon centre while waiting to travel by ship. Green had gone with Lisa and Nurse Joy, to meet the city gym leader and warn him about a certain trainer. To say, Surge was disappointed by the trainer was an understatement. Turns out Damien had fought for a badge and ticket as well and won using only his Magnezone in the battle.

Green looked at him, "Only his Magnezone? No other Pokemon?"

Surge smirked wryly, "The only Pokemon he used were fully evolved ones. Not a pre evolution. That little devil was clever in hiding it."

Lisa frowned, "But... He can't get away with this."

Green bit his lower lip, "If he got a ticket from you, then he'll take part in the tournament right?"

Lisa blinked, "Of course. He can..... Oh! Oh! I get it."

Nurse Joy hummed, "Well, if he is caught in public then there is no way for him to deny it. It won't be easy though."

Green nodded, "We got to try at least."

Lisa grinned, "I'm in."

Lt Surge laughed, "We have a plan then. See you guys on the ship. And be careful."

Green nodded, "We will."

Nurse Joy led them back to the center where they re-joined Ash and Gary as they were playing with the young female fire type. She lit up when she saw Green making Litten snicker. She huffed at the feline Pokemon as she rushed to greet him. Delphox who had been watching over them looked at her trainer amused as he pat the young fire type. He looked at his older Pokemon and she grinned at him when she saw he didn't mind.

Delphox, -I may or may not have turned her into your fan.-

Green looked at her exasperated, "What did you tell her, young Lady?"

Delphox shrugged unrepentant, -A few stories of your heroic acts here and there.-

Green looked at the two boys, "And you joined in on it, didn't ya?"

Ash gave a cheeky smile, "We just told her the truth."

Gary nodded sagely, "That's right. You deserve the praise."

Lisa laughed, "Come on it's not that bad. She's comfortable with you."

Charmander just snuggled, -Delphox is right. You really are warm.-

Green sweatdrops, 'What have they been telling her?'

Nurse Joy smiled, "Well, it's time for the little one's check up. Green, if you could bring her with you?"

Green nodded, "Sure, Nurse Joy."

Gary, "We'll order dinner from Vermillion steak house while you are gone."

Green walked after Nurse Joy hollering, "Spicy and sweet roast with mix salad for me."

Ash, "Got it. What about you Lisa?"

Lisa hummed, "I always wanted to try the deluxe roast."

Ash, "One deluxe roast, got it. Gary?"

Gary, "Spicy roast for me with fruit salad."

Ash, "Alright then, one spicy and sweet roast with mix salad for Green, deluxe roast for Lisa, spicy roast with fruit salad for Gary and a slow roasted steak with sliced tomatoes for me. As for drinks, water and soda?"