work

Jungkooks pov

Jimin showed me around the massive building. I met a few of his colleagues, we're now in his office.

Jin-hyung ((a colleague))said that I was his child now....I didn't understand what he meant....and then namjoon-hyung ((another colleague)) explained that they had a family of 7 and now it's 8.... namjoon is the father of the group....Jin is the mother of the group.

I also met taehyung...who I had seen before at the ice cream parlor...and Hoseok-hyung! ((Both colleagues))
They're all very close to jimin-hyung and Mia....
I feel like I'm intruding on their friendship....I'm a stranger and they've known one another for years.... obviously I know yoongi....but I still feel like I don't fit in here...

Jimin looks at me "jungkook are you okay?" I nod "I uh....can I use the restroom?" He nods "you don't have to ask....you know your wa-"
"Thanks!" I walk away and to the restroom.
I walk in and then walk into one of the stalls and lock the door

I sit on the toilet lid and tears roll down my cheeks....
Seeing all of them together....reminds me of what I never had....I never had a family....I will never have a family.

I take a deep breath and wipe my tears. I then walk out and ring jeongin, he picks up
•••••
"Hello Kookie, you alright?"

"I need you to come pick me up...I want to come to work"

"I would....but....the library is closed today... remember? I had a doctor's
appointment"

"Oh.... yeah...sorry"
•••••••

I hang up and put my phone in my pocket. I look over at the others to see them all talking and laughing together.
I sigh and look down.
Mia gasps "Kookie!! Come lookie!"
She runs over to me and grabs my hand.

I gasp when she pulls me to the group, she points at the computer screen and I smile a little "that's so cute"
On screen was a photo

Mia giggles "it's me as a baby!!" Yoongi smirks "I think he was calling ji- OOF!"I elbow his stomach and glare at him, he grips his stomach "still a brat"

Yoongi smirks "I think he was calling ji- OOF!"
I elbow his stomach and glare at him, he grips his stomach "still a brat"

I roll my eyes "I should get going....I uh....I'm needed at the library"
Jin-hyung tilts his head "it's shut today"
I gulp "oh yeah....I have a doctor's appointment?"
Jimin crosses his arms "why do you want to leave so quickly?"

Taehyung gasps "do you not like us?" I shake my head "no! It's not that! Please...you're all amazing people....it's just....I feel like I'm intruding....I'm a complete stranger....I shouldn't be here.....I'm sorry for barging in on your friendship"

I bow to them. Jin-hyung Huff's "don't be so silly....we welcomed you to the family!"
I look at him. Hoseok chuckles "exactly! You're our maknae now! Plus two people in this family already love you with all their hearts"