Pt. 7

Michigan

I woke up as I usually do. I get dressed into my uniform. I make sure all my homework is in my backpack. I even make sure my cameras are in my bag as well. I grab my laptop and...Anders' laptop.

I just can't believe his own foster brother would try to kill him like that. I try not to think about it as I put his laptop in my bag.

"Hey, Michigan." My mom says.

My siblings are already at school as they like to hang with friends before school starts. Up until Anders started, I wasn't keen on friends.

"Hey, mom." I say as I make a quick breakfast.

"You meeting your friend again? I see you guys walking together." She says.

"He won't be in school for a while." I reply.

"Oh..why?" She asks sadly.

"Well, he's in foster care and his foster brother thought it was a good idea to take over the car in which ended in him being in the hospital. His foster parents don't want him in school until it's fully healed. Won't be in for hopefully no more than 1.5 months." I say.

"That's sad to hear. Well, have a good day." Mom says.

I walk to school. I would usually expect Anders to show up around now, but seeing him not there makes me sad. I was probably farther than I usually am when I see his family drive by.

Eh, I just glare at Liam. I hate him now. I hate that he'd do that to his own brother. Despite, Anders not considering them brothers, they still live among the same parents. He prefers to call them, roommates. That is in fact, not wrong.

I'm sure they could get along some day. I don't even understand why they don't like each other to begin with.

My phone starts ringing. Who is it? Anders shouldn't be calling me even if I'm not technically in school. And, it is Anders.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey, Mig." Anders says.

"Mig?" I ask.

"You know..short for Michigan. I don't want to call you Michigan all the time." Anders replies.

"Right. So, why you calling?" I ask.

"I forgot to tell you this before you left yesterday but there is another piece you can add to my final film. You don't have to add it, but I'm just letting you know." Anders says.

"Alright. I have to go, I just got to school." I say.

"Bye, then." Anders says.

He must've added it just before I left. I wonder if it's the aftermath of the crash. It might as well be. We did have to do something for the beginning where we weren't in school due to us being in the hospital.

— — — — —

Finally, I can show off the videos. I did a quick edit on his because I decided to see the piece he recorded before giving me his laptop.

"Michigan, do you know where Anders is?" Ms. Aaone asks me.

"He's at home. He won't be coming in for a while. There was an accident yesterday. Though, I could've sworn you got an email explains everything." I say.

"Let me check." Ms. Aaone says. "You're correct. I did get an email. He is your best friend, right? Were you there with him?"

"I was. It'll explain why the majority of it is just not there." I say.

"Would you like to share first? And his, if you have his laptop that is." Ms. Aaone asks.

"Sure.." I reply.

So, I showed the class mine to start. When it got to the point of the accident, I did turn around but am quick to shut it off. There was a small piece of us in the hospital, but it was short.

"That's probably fake to avoid coming to school!" Some random kid says.

"You weren't there! You don't know what happened! I was there to see if happen!" I say.

"I still think it's fake. He's not injured!" He says.

"Just you wait." I reply pulling up his video that he did.

And his starts rolling. The kid is just looking at it like it's fake. That was until the school scenes were shot. You could hear the pain.

"Shit." Anders says.

Finally, the end shows everything. It explains everything. The kid who said it was fake, immediately shot up once he saw the aftermath.

"If only.." Anders says.

I just sat back down in my seat. I put our laptops in my bag. I just sat back and watched everyone else's videos.

The rest of the day went by normally. As soon as the final bell rang, I grabbed my stuff and started towards Bailey's car.

"Hey, Michigan!" I hear Jack call.

I ignore him an just walking faster towards the car. Either he didn't notice or he's walking after me. I see Bailey talking to some friends.

"Hey, Bailey." I say.

"What's up? Riding back with us?" Bailey asks.

"Yes, but I need to stop by their house." I say pointing to Danny and Brandon.

"Alright. Dropping something off or are you going to hang out again?" Bailey asks.

"I don't know. I do need to drop something off. Anders' wasn't able to come to school today to show a film project so I had to. I need to give him his laptop back. I'll let you know if I decide to hang out." I reply.

"Mick is waiting on us, so we should get going." Bailey says.

I didn't have to go all the way to their house. I had her stop just as we were turning onto the street to get to our house.

I did run over to them as they just got out, all of them. I slowed to a walk when I was close.

"Michigan..what are you doing here?" Danny asks.

"I need to give something back to Anders." I say.

"Matt?" Brandon asks.

"Yes?" Matt, who is one of their parents asks.

"Michigan's here. Needs to get Anders something." Brandon says.

"He's in his room." Matt says to me.

Where he should be. He shouldn't be moving around that much, yet alone walking around. He probably spent all day watching anime or trying to draw with his non-dominant hand. Heh, I just hope he hasn't been doing anything dumb while in this state.