Pt. 18

Jamie

Anders wasn't down for breakfast the next day. Neither was Zach. Ever since we knew what he was really going through, he kept to his room. He does that anyway, but he didn't bother coming to dinner last night. In fact, he didn't bother with anything.

Liam was also really quiet. He was part of the reason why everything happened the way it did yesterday or even when he first got here.

"Is he—?" Danny tries to ask.

"Don't worry about him. He'll be fine, eventually. Just give it time." Matt says.

"And Zach?" Brandon asks.

"With Anders." Matt replies.

"I know Anders'll be fine, but I hope Jack got expelled." I say.

"He probably wasn't. Though..I was told that if he made things worse or got into another fight with Anders he would be." Danny says.

"I mean, there's always going to be that one person he'll be fighting with. Like the other jocks." I say.

"Fair, but at least they aren't as bad as Jack. Plus Jack wasn't even that great of a player, so losing him means nothing." Brandon says.

I do want to see Jack expelled. He needs to be, he just does. I know he will the second Anders returns back to school.

"Did you guys see that Nic&Cole posted another video last night?" Danny asks as we were walking to the car.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. They're promoting a new channel. They're friends with Anders. They're promoting his channel. I didn't even know Anders had one." Brandon says.

"I've seen it. He has some nice ideas for his channel. Gaming, vlogging, and art." Liam says.

"I mean, he is really amazing at gaming and art. Have you seen the stuff he's done?" Danny asks.

"Not since that one family night." I say.

"Damn, you have got to watch Nic&Cole's video then. Well, really it's Anders'. Nic and Cole are just trying to get people to go check him out." Danny replies.

Zach

I'm glad to see Anders has stopped crying. He's back to his usual self, I guess. I mean, he's watching anime with me so...

"I'll be right back." I say.

Matt left a few minutes ago to drop the others off at school. Tyler was in the kitchen doing whatever. He hadn't seen me yet.

"Oh, hi." Tyler says noticing me.

"Hi." I say.

"Is he..?" Tyler starts.

"He's fine, Tyler. He's watching anime." I say.

"Awesome." Tyler says.

"Oh and we've got a date on Friday." I say mentioning that fact.

"Have you even been on a date?" Tyler asks.

"Yes, yes I have. Not sure he has, though." I reply.

"Oh right, you dated that Latino boy." Tyler says.

"At least I did until he moved away. And his name was Danté." I say.

Matt got home literally a minute later. He has no idea that I asked Anders on a date, yet. Or that there even is one planned. The only way he'll know is if we tell him now or if Anders tells him.

"What you guys talking about?" Matt asks.

"Anders." I say.

"Well, continue talking. I'm going to well..get some work done." Matt says.

Tyler and I exchanged looks. Matt will know eventually. He has to know considering our date is this Friday.

"Anyway, about this date of yours. When and what kinda date you think about? You taking him to a restaurant? Are y'all just gonna walk around the city?" Tyler asks.

"Friday after school. And I was thinking we could have a mix of both things you said." I reply.

"Hold up! You asked Anders out?" Matt asks me.

Anders told Matt? Or did he overhear us? Whatever. He's going to pretend to not know when Anders does tell him.

"Uh.." I say.

"Never mind. He'll tell me eventually." Matt says.

Matt

Anders was watching anime on his laptop when I passed his room. When he noticed me, he just paused his show.

"So..how're things going with you and Zach?" I ask.

"Well...he asked me out. I said yes, but the thing is I've never been on a date so I don't know what to do." Anders says.

Wait, what!? They have a date!? Jesus fuck! I didn't not see that coming! Soon enough, they'll be dating! What the hell!

"I can help with that and I'm sure Michigan would help, too." I say.

"It's on Friday after school, by the way." Anders says.

They have a date! I'm both shocked that Zach even asked Anders out, but I'm also happy that they're even going on one! Ahhh!