Pt. 33

Zach

I would say it's only been a few days since Anders' collapse, but it's been a week. This day, a week ago was when it happened.

"Zach?" Tyler asks.

I said nothing. I've been texting Anders hoping he'll respond. I know he probably won't but if he does, I'll know he's fine.

"The rest of us are going to visit Anders. Wanna come?" Tyler asks.

"He's my boyfriend. What kind of question is that?" I ask.

"As I was saying, $20 you're wrong." Jamie says.

"$20? Damn, you playing with money." Matt says.

"If I am wrong, they each get $20." Brandon says.

"Do you even have $40?" Matt asks as I slid into the car.

"Yes, yes I do." Brandon replies.

Matt drove to the hospital. I hope he's okay and I hope he gets off that ventilator soon, if not today. And I hope he hasn't got amnesia when he gains consciousness.

"Hello. How can we—" The last at the desk starts.

"Can we see Anders Lorintyl?" I ask.

Once again, I'm with Anders. I ran off the second I was able to. I wanted to see Anders as soon as I could. I wasn't going to wait to see him.

"Anders...!" I say.

The first thing I noticed was the ventilator was off. He can breathe on his own, finally! He was either still unconscious or he's conscious and just resting.

"He started to breathe on his own last night. However, he didn't gain consciousness." The doctor says to us.

"Hey.." Tyler says.

"Z—"We all heard him say.

Anders

I didn't move at all. I was in utter darkness for a while. I didn't know what was going on..That was until now.

I slowly opened my eyes. Zach was right next to me. Did I go unconscious when I collapsed? I know I'm in the hospital, and I know what happened. And I know someone got it all on camera during school.

"Z—" I say.

My voice my soft and frail. Like I was struggling to breathe or something. I didn't bother trying to sit up knowing it would hurt me badly.

"The good news is he didn't appear to have any broken bones in his body. It just seemed to be horrible bruising. The ribs and stomach were the worst of it. He has one on his right shoulder and many down his right leg. I'd advise him to take extra precautions when doing anything. Like last time, it's best advised to keep him out of school for a bit. A few days, at most." The doctor says to all of us. "Do you remember what happened?"

"Yes." I say.

I look at Zach, who seemed to be crying. I don't know how long I was out or unconscious for, but I knew he hadn't seen me for a while.

"Hey.." Tyler says to me.

"Hey." I reply.

I eventually pushed myself to sit up. It hurt like hell, but not nearly as bad as it did when I got hit by a car some months ago.

"H-how long was I o-out?" I ask.

"A week." Matt says.

"W-what??" I ask.

"Yes. A week." Tyler says.

"Anders." Danny says.

"Danny.." I say.