Pt. 30

Brandon

I watched as Zach drove off. Where is he going? All I noticed was that he left his pocket knife that he carries everywhere on the couch. His school stuff was all across the floor. It was a mess.

"Fuck." Tyler says.

"He'll be back." I say.

"How do you know? We don't know where he's going." Tyler asks.

"I never said when he'll be back. I just know he will." I reply.

"And why didn't you guys stop him!?" Tyler asks clearly annoyed.

"For the record.." Danny says holding his pocket knife up.

Tyler just looked at it before taking it and getting a call from someone. I couldn't tell who was calling.

"So, you call after you leave!?....You're going out?? Well, that sure helps!...And you're not gonna tell us, where you're going!?...You better get back, tonight!" Tyler says.

Just based on his initial response, it was Zach. I mean, at least he called, right?? However, we still don't know where he's headed.

Zach

Hey! At least I called saying I was out! Tyler can't get that mad me! And does he really expect me to be back, tonight!?

For the sake of you guys, I'll say where I'm going. I'm headed to the hospital. I'll have to see him eventually, even if it does hurt me inside. He's my boyfriend. I should visit him.

The hospital is a bit far from the house, so I took the car. I don't have a permit yet, but as long as I don't do something dumb in this car, I'm fine.

"Hello. Can I help you?" The lady at the desk asks me when I walk in.

"I'm here to see Anders Lorintyl." I say.

I did what needed to be done to go visit someone. The lady took me to Anders. I haven't seen him since he collapsed into Matt.

"You close to him?" The nurse asks.

"He's my boyfriend." I say.

"Who're you?" He asks.

"Zach Lorintyl. We're not related by blood, we just happen to be in the same foster home." I reply.

He left me to be with Anders alone for some time. He seemed so peaceful, there. At least, they got him cleaned up before they put the ventilator on.

"I'm here, baby...Please, wake up.." I say trying not to cry.

I spent a long while there, probably a couple hours. I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face. I didn't want to, but when your boyfriend or someone close to you gets hurt severely, you will cry.

If you think I went home after that, you'd be somewhat correct. Well after, I got some damn McDonald's.

"And, look who came back." Danny says.

"Tyler.." I say sipping my shake.

"You gonna tell me where you were or not?" Tyler asks.

"I was out. That's all you need." I reply.

"He got McDonald's so..." Liam says.

"Do you really think I spent 2 hours at a McDonald's to come back with a full shake and food still?" I ask kinda rudely.

"Zachary Asiean-Lorintyl." Tyler says indicating he was pissed.

"Asiean?" Danny asks.

"His actual last name." Tyler says. "So, where were you?"