Chapter 1

"Runt! You got us in trouble again!" Desron whispered angrily.
Corrow wasn't a pup, he was tough but his pack called him, the runt. It was a name he had earned over the years. He had earned this name by his many failures. Although he wasn't small or had anything wrong with his structure, wolves called him a runt because of this little problem he had, every time he tried to do something right, he always messed it up and ruined his reputation. As if that was of any importance here in Stratton. Corrow had so many questions about Stratton. But try and guess, were they answered? No. Every wolf made fun of them. So, he gave up. Corrow had a hard time fitting in with these wolves. All of them seemed to have strange personalities. All of a sudden the wolves came to a stop.
"Wazzup chief?" Desron seemed like a pretty calm wolf, but if he was filled with evil he wasn't calm.
"What is up, is that these tracks have stopped!" The Chief sounded extremely stressed.
"Oh well, what's so big about these tracks anyway?" Cara asked.
"Well these tracks are the answers to our problems." Corrow lifted up his muzzle.
"What sort of problems?" He asked.
"Well we all know they won't fix yours Corrow.. I meant the moon!" Chief chuckled.
"Yeah RUNT!" Desron yelled.
Cara laughed and high pawed him.
"WOLVES, we aren't getting anywhere! My nose is old you can't expect me to sniff for more prints myself can you!"
Cara nudged Desron, who nudged Solargh, Solargh fell onto her side and scrambled to get up. Solargh was weak like Corrow, but she was highly respected by the wolves and the chief.
"I will do it for you sir, uh I mean chief!" She grinned.
The chief loved it when she smiled, it assured him that she was happy. Solargh was the oldest in the pack, excluding the chief, then it was Corrow, and Desron and Cara. Desron and Cara were around the same age which is why they got along so well. They also had very alike personalities, prankster personalities. Solargh has been very close with the chief for a while, so the chief decided to start a pack. The chief knew more about this world than anyone in this pack, he was wise yet still could not answer why the moon stayed still in the sky. Although he was old he was not alive on the day the flame set. Some say it was named durgh, after dusk and rgh for warmth. But others believe it is the sun. How do we know when this world doesn't tell us enough already.