Chapter 25

"Those wolves have been gone for so long! It's already sun still! And I'm starving." Cara complained.
"They will be back soon!" Desron reassured.
"Corrow, where are you." Solargh mumbled.
"Oh he's fine Solargh." Midnight hooted as he landed on her back stabbing his talons into the scars where twilight stuck her talons in.
She howled in agony.
"Your love is fine. You need not worry dear." He pulled her talons out slowly and painfully.
"I will put you through agony, like you put my dear Lillithen through."
"I-I'm sorry!" She cried.
"There will be no wolf here this time to lick your tears away!"
"Keep away from her Midnight!" Cara growled.
"What, do you want to be like Corrow and Solargh? Murderers!" Midnight teased.
"No!" Desron cowered.
The wolves stopped growling and watched powerless.
Midnight held a knife in his talons, pressed against Solargh's neck.
"What do you want, I'll give it to you!" She screamed.
"It's too late!" Midnight yelled.
Desron jumped onto him and pinned his wings to the ground.
"Desron!" Cara yelled. Solargh turned around to look at him.
They heard an awful choking of the blood.
"I-love you Cara." Desron said before falling to the ground and crushing the owl Midnight beneath.
"No... Desron please no!" Cara said.
Midnight, crushed beneath was now just dust. It felt as if he disappeared into the night, leaving nothing behind, just mystical floating dust.
"I've always, cared for you." He said before he took his last breath and his head dropped to the warm ground.
"Why him, why now.." Cara sighed. For her it felt like every wolf was slowly going mad, or dying off.
Solargh felt a soul almost trapped, it was not inside her but in her fathers amulet, she parted her long white fur around her chest and started at the amythest coloured amulet hung around her neck. It glowed like a firefly, and was shaped very oddly, like a seed or the bulb of a rose.
"Solargh, what's that? Why does it glow?" Cara asked sniffing up her tears.
"My father, he gave it to me when we left him."
"What shall we do?" Cara sighed, remembering Desron was dead.
"We will travel, this island will never be remembered, but Desron always will."

Later that night, as the wolves were sound asleep Corrow and Joliah arrived back at the raft and started to carve the tiller. Cara and Solargh awoke from loud and strange noises that were coming from the border of Unidos.
"What's that noise!" Cara shrieked.
"It sounds like some wolf is doing something to the raft!" Solargh yelled.
They raced over to the raft and stopped to see Corrow and Joliah just managing to carve a flat peice of wood, with a long peice sticking out on the side corner.
"What is that?" Cara chuckled.
"It is the tiller." Replied Joliah.
"The long bit is going to be controlled by a wolf at the back of the raft, you move it this way to go that way." Corrow said as he pointed with his paw.
"It sounds. Interesting, but shouldn't you wolves be asleep?" Solargh said.
"She's right Corrow, we can work on this tomorrow." Joliah walked up to Solargh and smiled. "Good night." He said before heading back to his tent alone.
"Cara, where's Desron." Corrow asked.
"Come back to the tent first. Well tell you over a shredding of meat."

The wolves sat around the campfire outside Joliahs tent. Joliah was fast asleep inside, and the others were chatting by the campfire.
"So he's, dead?" Corrow asked. "How so soon, and we are nearly done with the raft! Maybe just a day more, or two!" Corrow gasped.
"Yes, and I've just finished my meat. So I'm off to sleep." Cara said, trying to avoid speaking about it.
"Look I understand how Cara feels" Corrow said, moving closer to Solargh.
"How?"
"He just, seemed to have a lot of feelings for her."
"He did say that at death."
"Then Cara should be happy aswell as sad. She loved him too didn't she?"
"Yes, I think that's how she's managing at the moment."
"Yes.." Corrow knew she had not answered her question, but he hoped the best for Desron.
Corrow and Solargh walked over to their furry pelt and went to sleep.

The sparkling sun awoke Cara, she looked beside her and wept.
"Cara it's okay, we all lose something or some wolf at a time in our lives." Solargh reassured.
"What have you lost, your beautiful and your smart, you've got everything."
"That's not true!" Solargh yelled. "I've lost my father, and my leg!"
Cara looked up at her. She lay on the deer pelt whimpering and crying, whilst Solargh stood next to her, shadowing.
"I know you're not used to a loss but, I lost my mother before I could open my eyes."
"What in Stratton do you mean?"
"She was murdered, by these wolves named the Rokies. It sounds stupid, but they are really quite dangerous. They kill the mothers of newborns and take their pups, luckily for me my father was there and he fought them off."
Cara listened sadly. "That sounds horrible."
"My father said it was. Now I want you to wake up Joliah and Corrow so that they can start work on the raft, I feel like we could be of more assistance in another motion." Solargh headed towards Unidos, and Cara woke up the other wolves. Today was a different day for Cara, a new start, but she wondered what she would feel like if Desron was still there, by her side.