Chapter 9

The wolves were all sitting around a fire with small stones around it. The heat was lovely and the wolves were growing quite drowsy.
"Let's have some deer meat!" Desron said.
"Okay then!" Corrow replied reaching into his satchel. He dropped some squares of meat in front of every wolf.
"Thanks Corrow!" Cara said.
The wolves munched and chewed. There was a nearly clear landscape around them. A few mountains here and there but no caves.
"Unidos is great it's so clear." Solargh said with a mouthful.
The wolves all smiled. When the wolves had finished eating they got back up and started walking towards Persial.
"Isn't it amazing how we just know where places are in this world!" Corrow said.
"Yep!" Cara said.
"I wonder why we only discovered those tracks outside Calorb five days ago?" Solargh said.
"Remember chief just named that cave as home therefore we didn't live around there to see the tracks beforehand." Desron said. Every wolf stared at him.
"Did you get smarter while we were gone?" Solargh asked.
Desron frowned.
"Hey guys do you sense something?" Cara asked.
"Like what?" Solargh said.
"Like a parliament of owls.. Hell yeah." Desron said.
"Hoot!" Two owls said as they landed in front of the wolves. Another black owl with purple eyes came down and stood between the owls. Every other owl stayed flying the sky. There were black, grey, orange and rose owls flying everywhere but there was only one black, purple eyed owl.
"Hello there old friends." He said.
The wolves looked at one another. "Old friends?" Corrow asked.
"Don't you remember me." The owl said.
He shook his head. "I am Midnight, leader of this parliament of owls named Starfury!" He squawked.
"Oh that's right. Well come on, grab your owl friends and lead the way to Persial!" Cara said.
"You what.. NO I am the king and I shall fly to Persial and save this world from eternal night. I shall be the hero!" He screamed.
"Sure." Corrow said. The wolves started to walk off together.
"You haven't seen the last of me!" He warned as he flew off with the other owls.
"How pathetic. I don't think I've ever seen an owl so boastful in all my years." Desron said.
"Yep he's definitely gotten smarter." Corrow said to Solargh. She nodded.
They all started walking towards high mountains. These mountains were placed on a corner of their island. It looked almost as if the land could snap off and the mountains would fall into the ocean. The outskirts of this island had a long beach. The waves were vicious but unicorns still fought to dance in them. That is Persial, I know it. There are deers all over the mountains." Corrow said.
"What do they eat?" Desron asked.
"I'm not sure.. Oh okay. Um apparently they eat each other. We'll just avoid those two." Solargh said. The wolves started walking up the mountainside.
"There's lots of caves in these mountains." Solargh said as she tried to dig into the mountain.
"It's all soil. I'm surprised these mountains stay up."
"How's it going?" A wolf yelled as he popped out of a mountain cave. He was bronze with bright blue eyes. The bronze gradually became white on his paws, tail and muzzle.
"Who are you?" Cara said with a jump.
"I am Opharlos." He said. "I'm the king of this land! Persial."
The wolves looked around. "It's a beautiful place you have here." Solargh said.
"Where'd you wolves come from?" He asked.
"Stratton." Corrow said. "I am Corrow this is Solargh, Desron, and Cara!"
"Well Corrow that's a long way to come from! I will let you rest in my den." Orphalos offered.
"Thanks Opharlos." Cara said. She walked into the cave in the mountain and lay down on a brown deer pelt.
"You may all come in," he said. He walked into the mouth of the cave and lay down on a black deer pelt himself.
Desron walked inside and lay on a brown deer pelt with Cara. Solargh looked at Corrow. "Do we trust him?" She asked Corrow.
"I don't know.." He said. They walked inside and lay down together on an albino deer pelt.

"Corrow wake up.." Solargh said.
"Oh. Good morning Solargh." He replied.
"Not so good news Corrow. Were back on the ring of mountains, this time on top." She said.
"What the.. How did he manage to-" Corrow stopped and looked around. There were atleast seven owls perched on top of every mountain in the ring.
"I see.." Corrow whispered.
"I don't know what he wants but Desron and Cara are over there." Solargh said as she pointed her paw directly across the ring. Desron waved nervously, and a grey owl pecked his paw. Another landed on his head and stabbed it's talons into him. You could faintly hear a whimper.
"We have to get to them." Corrow said to Solargh.
"How?"
"We have to jump." He said.
If Solargh was capable of speeding as fast as lighting. She may be able to jump to the other mountain tops.
"Solargh, you have to go. I will find another way." Corrow said.
"O-okay." She replied.
"Good. I will see you soon." He said.
Solargh looked at the mountain. She had quite a bit of land to run on so that she could build up a speed and jump to the next mountain. She was frightened but she couldn't fail her chief. It was her mission. She ran and ran. She was just about to jump when an owl swooped down and startled her. She kept on running though, for it was her mission. Her destiny. Swoosh. She zoomed past the owls surrounding her and leaped over to the other mountain.
"*pant* Corrow! I did it-" she turned around.
Corrow had been knocked out and was still lying on the deer pelt. Around forty owls zoomed over and lifted the deer pelt into the air.
"Hey what are you doing!" Solargh screamed.
The owls flew towards the middle of the ring where a large pit of lava was.
"NO!" Solargh yelled.
Rumble. Rumble! RUMBLE! A huge chunk of the land Solargh was standing on started crumbling.
"Eeek!" She screamed.
She started skidding down the mountain at rapid speeds.
"No, not now, we've gotten so far." She cried to herself.
"Solargh!" She heard Desron and Cara yell. That was the last thing she heard.