Chapter 7

"The wolves that killed it are coming our way!" Solargh said.
"Wait what do you mean wolves?... I thought you said wolf?... Solargh!" Corrow yelled.
"Just run!" She screamed.
Corrow started burning energy, running as fast as he could. Solargh was much faster than Corrow though, she could easily outrun the pack, but they were gaining on Corrow.
"Corrow! you have to speed up!" She said.
"I *pant*..." He stopped.
"Corrow!" Solargh moved her head to look beside her where Corrow was running, but he was gone! Solargh gasped and skidded to a stop.
"Corrow come on!" She called.
"No! I'm going to try and use the bow!" Corrow yelled back.
"Yeah, very funny. Come on!" She said.
"I'm not kidding." The wolves were getting closer and Corrow had no idea how to use a bow. "Wait!... I'm coming!" Solargh yelled.
She zoomed over to Corrow. "So tell me, how can I help." She asked.
"Well.." He said as he picked out the bow from his satchel. "There's those sharp things in there too that I can't reach." Corrow said.
Solargh stuck her head into the satchel and picked out sticks with sharp stone on the end, and Drikon feather at the other end.
"This is weird stuff Corrow.. Why did you want this out?" Corrow picked up the sharp objects. "Oh they were just jabbing in to me and I wanted them out." He replied. "I don't know wether this has anything to do with the ritual, but I feel like I know what to do." He said.
Corrow pushed on the belly of the bow, and held the string and Drikon feather in his mouth. He pulled back the string but it cut into his gums.
"What are you do-"
"Oops."
Corrow had let go too soon and the arrow went flying into the crowd of wolves. The wolves ran away from where the arrow was going to land. Their fur stood on end as they watched in horror at the wolves who hadn't moved out of the way.
"What have you done Corrow.." Solargh whispered.
The arrow shot through the wolves head. It stopped running and collapsed immediately, face planting and skidding. It's back half of it's body fell down when it finished skidding. It was so heavy it made it's neck break. Blood squirted out all over the ground. The other wolves yapped and whimpered as they scampered off back to their cave. Just then Twilight flew down. "Wolves!" She landed on a rock.
"What's wrong Twilight?" Corrow asked as he put the bow back into his satchel as well as the sharp objects into a more convenient area of the satchel.
"That was a pack!" She hooted.
"Yeah, so were a pack too!" Solargh said whilst picking up the satchel and putting it back on Corrows back.
"Your not like them, they work in big numbers, there pack name is-"
"Woah woah woah, slow down there! They have a pack name? Man we should think of one of those." Corrow interrupted.
"Rghnn. Anyway their pack name is Destiny, they work in big numbers so they can fight every wolf in this world, then they believe they can all become kings and queens." She said angrily. "Wait how do you know all this?" Corrow asked.
"I used to work for them... Howcome you aren't scared? You were just lucky they ran away. Wait why did they run away?" Twilight said.
"They ran because I used my bow and killed that wolf." Corrow said pointing his paw towards the dead white and black wolf.
"Oh no.." Twilight zoomed over to the dead wolf. "How did you manage to do this!" Twilight said furiously.
"Well the string on the bow was cutting into my gums and they started to bleed, so I-"
"He got a blood lust and shot the thing into it's head!" Solargh said.
"No actually I was going to say I let go because of the pain. I guess I messed up.. Like usual." Corrow said sadly.
"Yes you did mess up.. Quite badly.. This wolves eyes are a Green like Joliahs." Twilight said mysteriously.
"Wait, he killed Joliah!" Solargh screeched.
"No I'm just using his eyes as an example." Twilight replied.
"They should be blue like Corrows." She lifted up an eyelid with her talons.
"Eww!" Solargh squealed.
"Hmm.. Why should they be blue?" Corrow asked.
"Every wolf in Destiny has blue eyes for the sky. They believe that eventually they will grow wings and can fly to another island in this world, that has luscious green grass and forests of trees!" Twilight sighed.
"Sounds crazy.." Solargh said.
"It does.." Corrow agreed.
"We must get going to Theros. Follow me." Twilight said as she shot up into the sky. "This time no running away!" She called down. Solargh and Corrow laughed.

"So what did Theros used to be before Durgh set?" Solargh asked.
"Well, it used to be a desert. I'm not sure if it will look much different now than then but there may not be as much sand." Twilight explained.
"Hey Corrow your arms healing up which is great!" Twilight called.
"How can she see that?" Corrow whispered to Solargh.
"Oh I can see very well!" Twilight said.
"Well a desert sounds cool! But how will it be like after that earthquake." Solargh asked. "Hmmm, good question! I'm not sure. But be precautions it could have possibly awoken some ancient creatures.. Remember an earthquake has never happened on this island!" Twilight said. "Ancient creatures! Awoken!" Corrow shivered.
"If an earthquake has never happened here, why did it happen today?" Solargh asked Twilight. "That's what I keep asking myself!" Twilight said.
"We've arrived! I'm going to make sure there aren't any creatures around!" She yelled down. "Sweet.." Corrow said.
"Hey, don't be frightened, I'm sure there won't be any ancient creatures!" Solargh reassured.
"I hope so.. Well this is sand." Corrow said.
"Mmm it's warmer than soil, not much warmer though. And there's awesome sand mountains everywhere!" Solargh said.
"Hey watch this!" Corrow said. He climbed up a tall sand mountain and slid down it. "Yahoooo!" He yelled.
Solargh watched smiling. Rumble rumble RUMBLE. As Corrow reached the bottom of the mountain a gigantic brown and black striped worm shot out of the ground it jumped through the air and made another hole through the ground.
"Waahh!" Corrow went flying through the air and landed in another pile of sand. Solargh's jaw was wide open in terror.
"Hahahaha, how was that for wolves with wings!" Corrow chuckled.
"A worm just.." Solargh said.
"A worm? Pfft, there as tiny as a-" Corrow was cut off as the worm came up through another hole, it flew over Corrow. A long dark shadow appeared over him. He stared at it star struck. It made another large hole behind him.
"If this thing is trying to kill us. What are we going to do to kill it ourselves." Corrow asked. "Guys have you-" Twlight stopped and scanned her eyes across the landscape. There was a sand hill with a hole at the bottom of it. There were three more holes in the ground and Solargh and Corrow seemed to be staring at each other from across a hole.
"Yep.. We found one!" Corrow said looking up at her. Just as he said that the worm came up again and knocked Twilight out of the sky.
"Heelp!" She yelled before plummeting down a hole.