Chapter 19

"It can't be true.." Desron mumbled. "She followed you all this way and now has left because of the death of two mad owls!"
They sat around Joliahs tent feasting on chunks of deer meat. Joliah was out collecting more meat, as he had just given the last of it to these wolves.
"It sounds crazy but, it's true. I suppose it is because Lillithen was of importance to Twilights brother, Midnight." Solargh mumbled.
"Well it is your fault Solargh. You killed the owl!" Cara mentioned.
"I don't blame her, these owls are an annoying bunch." Corrow replied. The wolves were too tired to fight and they just wanted to eat and sleep.
"We should try and get some sleep, Joliahs left out some pelts for us to sleep on." Desron said.
Corrow and Solargh lay on a brown pelt. And Desron and Cara lay on a slightly oversized black pelt. Corrow had never took into thought that the wolves slept together like mates, until now.
"I, think I'll sleep over here tonight." Corrow jumped up and walked over to an area enclosed by rocks. "Mmm, looks cozy." He joked.
Solargh yawned and spread her body across the pelt. "Night."

The beautiful orange sun rose again that next morning, it was a beautiful sight. The wolves yawned and stretched.
"Isn't it lovely." Cara sighed.
"It hurts your eyes a tad, does it not?" Solargh replied.
Joliah was standing directly in front of Corrow. "Wake up, sleepy head!" He yelled.
"Huh!" Corrow stood up immediately.
"Why didn't you sleep with Solargh on the pelt?" He asked.
"Um, we are not. We are not mates!" He screamed.
"I see.." Joliah sighed. Was it happening again, was the chief going mad?
Joliah passed some sharp objects to Corrow and he put it in his satchel.
"As chief I demand that we head this way!" Corrow commanded
The wolves looked at each other and sighed. Solargh ran ahead of the route.
"Corrow, where are you leading us?" She asked.
"I'm taking us back to Unidos."
"Why?"
He stopped and looked down at his paws. "Do you know how to swim?"
"No."
"Then were heading back to Unidos! No more questions."
Solargh walked to the back of the route. She sighed but kept moving.
"Do you know where we're going?" Cara asked.
"No..." Replied Desron.

"Were here, now help me with these tools." Corrow said.
"Corrow.." Solargh said sadly.
"HELP ME, with these tools."
"Where did you get them." Cara asked.
"Joliah gave them to me before we left."
"What are we going to use them for?"
"Chopping down these trees." Corrow said.
Cara walked in the dry dirt over to Corrow. She opened his satchel and pulled out a hatchet. The world was filled with magic and strange beings. After the return of the sun the world had already formed rivers, lakes, trees and even new animals had arrived to their island. Cara gave the hatchet to Corrow, he held it tightly in his mouth. Corrow walked over to a tall thin tree and started swinging the small tool at it.
Solargh watched him and the tree as it slowly started to fall. "The pain."
It felt like it just slipped out of her mouth. The wolves looked at her, every wolf but Corrow who was still hacking at the tree.
"What?" Desron said.
"I-" she stopped and looked back at her missing leg. The pain.... It was bad, why was it hurting. She lay down and started to bite her side. Tears began to drip from her eyes.
"Solargh!" Cara yelled. "What's wrong?"
Corrow was on his last chop when he dropped the hatchet. He stood there, still staring at the tree for a while when he began to realise it. Solargh, the kindest wolf in Stratton, needed his help. He walked over to Solargh and licked away her tears.
"Thank you.." She mumbled shyly.
"Were going mad.. We have to leave." He said.