Chapter 8

"Twilight!" Solargh screamed. "Oh what in Stratton are we going to do!"
"Well I thought we could fled but we can't leave Twilight behind!" Corrow said.
"Well then we have to find a way to get her out of there!" Solargh said.
"Twilight! Can you hear us?" Corrow yelled down the hole. "She didn't reply."
"That's weird. We have to find out if she's alright!" Solargh said. Rumble rumble RUMBLE.
"The worm is coming, run!" Corrow warned. The wolves ran away from the hole that Twilight was down, but they looked back every so often for the worm. It shot up through the hole Twilight was down. All they saw was a broken winged and bloody owl shoot out of the hole. "Twilight.." Corrow said. She was dead. She had scratches all over her, missing patches of feathers, and blood everywhere.
"Corrow, we have to go!" Solargh said.
"No, I must take revenge, for Twilight!" Corrow pulled the bow and sharp items out of his satchel and readied it.
"This is rediculous Corrow, stop now!" Solargh screamed.
Corrow ignored her and walked towards one of the holes. Rumble. The ground shook. Rumble! Corrow fought the pain and pulled back until he couldn't pull back anymore. RUMBLE. Corrows world slowed down, he could hear his heart beating. BANG. Corrow let go of the string. The sharp object flew down the hole, and they heard a loud roaring screech. CRAHHHHH! Solargh smiled.
"C-Corrow! You did it!" Solargh laughed.
She wrapped her arms around him. Corrow smiled.
"I-I guess I did." Corrow said quietly, he almost felt another presence floating above him. Flying free like a bird, a spirt. Solargh shed a tear.
"Solargh. Don't you worry about Twilight, she will always be with us to guide us." Corrow licked a tear off her face.
"How do you know?" Solargh asked.
"I can feel her presence." He said. Solargh smiled.
"We have to get going. This way!" Solargh said leaping down sandy hills.
"Okay!" Corrow ran and sped past her.
"Corrow!" Solargh laughed.
"Catch me if you can!"
Solargh then too, could feel Twilights presence, racing in the sky above them.
"Oh, I'll catch you alright." She said to herself.
She could feel a speed building up inside her, although she was just a wolf she could feel more than that inside her. She felt strength, will, happiness, freedom. Shwoosh. She boosted past Corrow leaving a long line in the sand of where she once ran.
"What the." Corrow slowed down and stared through the sand, now showering down on Corrow.
"Corrow! Did you see that?" She came bursting through the sand and was jumping around Corrow like a pup.
"I did.. How did you do that?" He asked.
"I'm not sure, but it was awesome!" She replied.
"Let's just get going.." Corrow said.
"Aww, don't be jealous, it will happen to you soon enough! I'm sure of it. Look if were such great friends, we couldn't have just met by accident! Maybe it was meant to be, maybe it's our fate!" Solargh said.
"I don't have a fate.. I have a mission, and I'm going to stick by it!" He said
"Corrow.."
"No I don't want to talk anymore, let's just get going."
"But you have to look u-"
"NO!" Corrow yelled back at Solargh. Rumble rumble.
"Remember Corrow.. No yelling.. This island is so fragile after that earthquake.." Corrow heard a voice say.
Solargh looked at him in terror. RUMBLE RUMBLE. Boulders came tumbling down the hill. "Solargh!" Corrow screamed.
She jumped over a huge boulder. Corrow rolled his eyes. "Show off.." He mumbled to himself. Corrow dodged the boulders and jumped over the small ones.
"You've caused an avalanche!" Solargh said as quietly as she could.
"I figured.." Corrow said. The avalanche did not seem to effect Corrow.
"Corrow over here there's a cave!" Solargh yelled.
They raced over to the mouth of the cave. It went straight through a mountain and opened on the other side.
"Wow.. That was intense!" Solargh said.
"Yeah.. I'm sorry." Corrow replied.
"It's okay... Hey! Look on the walls of this cave!" Solargh said.
"And look at the entrances of it.. They look almost wolf made!" Corrow mentioned.
"What's it say on the wall?" Corrow said.
"It's ancient wolf.. We can't read it." Solargh said with a sigh. "Wait, you can Corrow! Remember in Colarb, you were able to translate the stones." Solargh said.
Corrow smiled. "Okay then, I'll try!"
He looked on the wall at the ancient wolf writing. As usual, the lines merged into letters in his mind. "It says "Pink = Strength. Green = Intelligence. Blue = Awareness. Red = Kindness. Orange = That's it.." Corrow read
"Strange.. I've heard of blue, red and green as a colour but never have I heard of orange and pink?" Solargh said.
"Agreed." Corrow said. "On this wall There's a magnificent Scarving of a wolf with wings. There's even green on the wings." Solargh said. "This must be old.."
"Hey that looks like me.." Corrow mumbled as he walked over to the Scarving.
"Pardon?" Solargh asked.
"Oh nothing, I just thought the wolf looked familiar."
Solargh looked at him and at the Scarving. "It does looks familiar." She said.
"Did you realise something out there Solargh?" Corrow asked.
"No what?" She said. "The mountains were all in a circle." He said.
"Oh yes, that's what I was trying to tell you before that avalanche started. Another thing, we have to name those sharp objects that you use with your bow Corrow." Solargh said. "If you can read ancient wolf you can make up a word with it can't you?" Solargh said.
"Well whenever I read ancient wolf, I don't actually see what the ancient wolf looks like. It just seems to form into letters, english, in my mind." Corrow said.
"Well it just looks like symbols to me."
"What about Strikah" Corrow said.
"Sounds like strike to me. Sounds good!" Solargh said.
"Hey you hear that!" Corrow said. "The rumbling stopped!"
"Shhhhh." Solargh warned. "We should get out of here while we still can."
The wolves raced out the other side of the cave.
"So we must be outside the ring of mountains now." Corrow said.
"We must be.. Those mountains seem pretty sensitive, we barely yelled and an avalanche started!" Solargh said.
The wolves started walking towards a very bumpy looking terrain.
"So.. I wonder who made those scarvings in that cave." Corrow said.
"They were so detailed it's almost as if they weren't scarvings!" Solargh replied.
"Well what else could it be?" Corrow asked.
"I don't know, maybe they just carved it with sharp objects like strikah." Solargh replied.
"Hey that terrain over there looks really flat. Didn't some wolf say that Unidos used to be a forest?" Corrow said
"Well strangely enough, that does come to mind.. But I can't recall any wolf or owl telling us." Solargh said.
"You know what. I get the feeling we may be psychic." Corrow said.
"Maybe... You know I would like to find out more about that pack Destiny. It sounds amazing." Solargh said.
"You know they believe in something that isn't true." Corrow said. "Hey! Maybe those things in the cave were scarved, or carved by them!" Solargh stated.
"Well it would explain the wings. But it still doesn't explain why the wolf looks like me.." Corrow said. "Your here." The words seemed to echo in his mind.
"Well I think were here." Corrow said to Solargh.
"You think this is Unidos? The forest of green!" Solargh said.
"What do you mean the forest of green?" Corrow asked. "Oh it just came into my mind." She said. The wolves slowly walked across the brown dirt. It was so long.. It felt like it would take them years to get across it.
"Cara! We can't be digging for coal now!" A voice said in the distance.
"What.. Was that Desron!" Corrow said.
"Maybe.." She started racing through the mist. The cold dew on the soil was making it difficult to run as fast as she could. Corrow was following behind. He had much more grip on the soil, but still was much slower than Solargh. The wolves in the distance became more clear. It was Desron! But where was Cara?
"Desron!" Corrow heard Solargh yell.
"Desron! Finally we found you!" Corrow said. "Where's Cara?"
"Well she's digging.. For coal. Over there." Desron replied.
Cara was deep in a hole sniffing for coal and any other substance that they could make flame with.
"Coal?" Solargh asked.
"Oh, well she's still in love with Joliah, so she's trying to do what he does. Making flame. Somehow she figured out that coal could be used to make flame?" Desron said.
The wolves looked at one another.
"Oh hi guys!" Cara popped her head out of the hole. "How are you, I'm good!"
"Oh we're fine, we just ran into a few problems." Solargh said.
"Like a gigantic worm that managed to kill Twilight, a wolf pack named Destiny and an avalanche. We also found a weird cave that had scarvings all over the walls." Corrow stated. The wolves dropped their jaws.
"Howcome your still here? Shouldn't you already be in Persial?" Solargh asked.
"Well, Cara won't stop digging, and were starving! We can't move that much if were starving." Desron said.
Cara clambered out of the hole. "Do you wolves even know why were on this journey." She asked.
"Well, we were trying to find out what that stone meant. But now I think we may discover something more important." Corrow said.
"Where's midnight?" Solargh asked.
"He flew off ages ago, he said he would try and find you guys so we could meet up." Desron said.
"What was that pack you were talking about. Destiny?" Cara asked.
"It's a pack where blue eyed wolves believe if they kill every other wolf on this island they will grow wings and will fly to another island with grass and trees." Solargh explained.
"Sounds amazing!" Cara said.
"I know right!" Solargh agreed.
"Girls, instead of talking about Destiny, can we please eat?" Corrow said.
The wolves all laughed.
"I did find some coal." Cara smiled.