Chapter 2

Solargh started to sniff the soil the cold wet dirt stung her paws. Icicles hung from the stone caves scattered around this dirt land. Most of this world was flat because of the wet soil not being able to stay as a mountain or hill. The only shelter from rain or cold that they had was small stone caves that could fit no more than three fully grown wolves. These wolves were directly in front of Calorb, their camp. The biggest cave in Stratton.
"Thank you Solargh. You wolves should learn something from her!" Chief commanded.
"The tracks did stop, but there is something. I can smell it. It's like it's mixed in with the dirt from years ago." Corrow stepped forward and started to sniff the soil with her. "It smells old." Corrow stated.
"Very old. Chief come over here." Solargh said. The chief walked over and sniffed. "This.. Impossible.." Chief mumbled.
"What is it chief?" Cara asked.
"Well, this is from at least one hundred million years ago." He replied.
"What are you saying?" Desron asked.
"Come with me." Chief walked into Calorb with the other wolves. He stuck his head into a pile of stone slabs, pulled one out and tossed it to Desron. Then another to Cara, to Solargh, and to Corrow. He picked a last one out and held it in his mouth. They had old writing on them, it looked almost as if it was a different language.
"Um this looks like another language?.." Desron said.
"Um well it's actually, well, it's sort of ancient wolf. It's a very old language carved into stone slabs or cave walls using a very painful procedure, called scarving. Scarving is when you use your teeth to carve into stone. I was never sure why it was called scarving." Solargh Explained. "Thank you for that Solargh. That was very intelligent. Wolves I would like you to read these stones I have passed you."
Corrow looked down at his, the words seemed to form in his mind into English. Desron looked across at Corrow. His eyes consumed in the stone, trying to understand what was scarved. "Hey look the runt has found a hobby! Reading!" Desron teased.
"What an egghead." Cara said.
"I am sure that mine is in Ancient Wolf, how can I translate it?" Solargh asked the Chief, completely ignoring the other wolves.
"I will read it for you." Desron and Cara stared. "All of you.." The Chief finished.
"Yours says, you take the stone, the clouds reveal, the night is here to stay, and as the carving, is dimly read, you'll suffer and you'll pay."
"But what does that mean?" Solargh asked.
"I'm not sure, I've never been able to understand it myself, but you wolves may be able to understand." He explained.
"Desron, yours says, this prophecy of moon and sun, the war that never ends. Cara, yours says, for all we know the day is young, the lies will never fend. I don't know what any of this means."
"I know what this says.." Corrow interrupted. The wolves stared at him then one another.