Chapter 21

The sky was red like the blood of an owl, and the flaming sun set once again. Today there were snowy white clouds, alike to the snow that fell regularly in Stratton before the resolution. The wolves had been working so hard on that raft for hours on end,not much done but a shape was beginning to form.
"I'm so glad that's done!" Desron said laying on the ground. He lay just beside the strange brown raft. He had never seen anything like it, but he shared an interest in it. If it was to take them to a better island, he would ride in it.
"Desron, you lay there the whole time!" Solargh scolded.
"Hmmf, says you!"
"Rghhhn!"
Corrow shadowed over Desron.
"How dare you!" And with a swipe of his paw Desron's happy black face, now had a long red scratch across it, and he had a missing tooth.
"Corrow!" Cara yelled. "Get away from him!"
Corrow turned away and looked at Solargh. There were tears in her eyes. He walked over to her to lick them off her face, but she snatched her head away. Joliah watched the wolves as their sanity drained.
"Wolves! We shall sleep.." He said.
They all walked over to the pelts, growling at Corrow. Solargh walked slowly behind the route.
"My tents not too far, were just on the border of Unidos! It's alright Corrow." He smiled.
Corrow looked at him nervously.

Solargh lay down on the pelt outside Joliahs tent. Desron and Cara lay down on the other pelt. Solargh stretched out across the pelt and yawned. Corrow sighed and walked over to the rocks where he slept last night.
"It's unfair! Why always me?" He mumbled to himself. "Why the one I love." He paused and gave one last wonder about himself before drifting off to sleep.

The sun was once again rising and the bright beams sparkled in the beautiful lakes and rivers of the island. Corrow stood up and managed to see the sun rise for the second time in his life. It was not normal for Corrow to wake up so early, but he figured there was no reason to sleep in.
"Corrow.." He heard.
"Ahh-"
"Shhh." She looked around. "Don't wake the other wolves."
"I'm sorry, how I treated Desron was not good."
"It's fine. You were just protecting me."
"Hey you wolves are up early, especially you Corrow!" Joliah chuckled.
"Auhh" Desron moaned as he rolled over on his pelt. His nose was touching Caras as they both peacefully slept on the black pelt.
"We should move away from them whilst they sleep. I know a large lake not too far from here." Joliah said.

"I call it the glass lake!" He pronounced.
"Wow." Solargh gasped as she stepped towards the lake.
"Yeah, it's pretty beautiful!" Joliah said.
"Why did you name it glass lake?" Asked Corrow.
"When the sun meets the top of the lake, it looks like glass."
"Fascinating." Solargh replied. She dipped her paw into the water, the cold water was shocking, so she pulled her paw out.
"Be careful Solargh. You aren't used to water." Corrow warned.
Joliah stepped up to the lake and began to lap the water. There were beautiful bold pine trees surrounding the lake, and almost created a pathway towards the lake.
"This island is beautiful. Maybe we should-"
"No, Solargh were leaving." Corrow yelled.
"So what's wrong Corrow." Joliah asked.
"There's nothing wrong!"
"I think he means why did you wake up so early. Remember we were talking about that earlier." Solargh said.
"Oh right, I thought, what's the reason of sleeping in. There's just no point. But also what's the reason to wake up when every wolf hates you."
"I can't see why any wolf would hate a kind chief like you."
Corrow laughed. "Right. Can we head back now."
"Alright then." Joliah lead the wolves through the trees back to the border of Stratton where his tent stood tall and fat.

"Where could he have gone?" Desron said angrily.
"Stop Desron! You aren't going to hurt him are you." Cara asked.
"No, I'm just going to make him feel what I felt."
"Oh, Desron.. He was just protecting Solargh, it's okay now!"
"It is not just okay! He injured me!"
"Hey there guys!" Joliah said.
"It's about time." Cara said.
"Well, I took Solargh and Corrow to the glass lake so we could all talk without waking you."
"How kind.." Desron growled.
"Oh great, looks like the jokers come to play." Corrow howled.
They circled each other growling, eyes locked on each other's eyes.
"Your the runt! You are worthless." He teased.
"You want a fight. You'll get one."
Solargh jumped into Desron knocking him to the ground.
"I won't let you hurt Corrow!" She said.
Corrow settled down and took one last look at Desron before turning away and sitting down beside Joliah.
"You wolves need to learn to get along." He laughed, then he stopped. "Or we need to get off this island."
He raced over to the raft. "Come on, it's not far!"