Chapter 5

"I, Joliah love to dig, I search for coal, so I can make fires. My fur is short and I need warmth to survive in this world. I hate journeys but I love nature." Joliah said.
"Well I am Corrow, my teammates here are Solargh, Desron and Cara. We have a question that maybe you can explain for us. Why was I walking here apparently speaking the word Joliah?" Corrow explained.
"Well my dear Corrow that is part of the ritual, this ritual only needs words to be said. And if a wolf is nearby it will walk it's way to the designated area, speaking the name of the caster." Joliah said.
"We overheard you talking about trees, what are those?" Desron asked.
"Ah, trees my friend are made of wood they sprout from a sapling like grass sprouts from a seed, on the wood there are branches which grow leaves on them, beautiful green leaves."
"You mean green like your magnificent eyes.." Cara interrupted.
"Um, yes.." He replied uneasily
"We've never heard of leaves or trees." Solargh said.
"Well yes, I'd be suprised if you had. Trees don't grow in this world anymore." He said.
"Then how do you know about them, did you learn it from scarvings?" Solargh asked.
"Well actually no, I was alive before durgh set, forever... That reminds me, the reason I called you here with that ritual is because I thought you may be able to give me some information." Joliah said.
"First tell us how this eternal night came to be?" Corrow commanded.
"Well part of it I know, part of it I don't, I will say what I know but you must give me the information for the rest."
"We probably can't be of much assistance but we will try our best." Solargh said.
"Well one day the sun came extremely close to this planet, and burnt whatever was on this planet at the time. The next time durgh was set to rise, it never did. I don't know why this happened, and I was hoping you did." Joliah explained.
"The tracks.. The ash." Corrow mumbled to himself.
"Well the information you were hoping for is unknown by us. We are truly sorry. But I must ask, what sort of animals roamed this world before us? And how are you alive now, if the setting of durgh happened over a million years ago?" Solargh said.
"Well the animals that ruled this planet before us, were creatures much alike to us. In fact I think there were wolves, also dinosaurs, dragons, and many other creatures. I am still alive now because every year I preform a ritual which allows me to become immortal, some call me a sorcerer but really I think if any wolf tried this ritual it would work." He explained.
"A lovely name Joliah isn't it.." Cara said dozily.
Every wolf looked at Cara with a stern face.
"Oh goodness I just realised, you wolves are as thin as a twig, let's get you some food."
"What's a.. Never mind." Desron said.
He walked over to a large weaved bag beside his pelt, and pulled out a few meat cubes.
"Here's some deer meat." He passed a chunk out to every wolf and threw a few scraps outside for the owls.
"That's another thing! Where did you get the owls? And the pelts and meat!" Solargh queried.
"Well I found Twilight and Midnight a long time ago, I use the ritual on them too. This meat, well there are still deers around. You know their eyesight is actually quite fantastic, they can sense light and darkness, were in the darkest area of this world. Stratton, but if we go through Soli, Theros and Unidos. We will find ourselves in Persial. The most beautiful landscape in the world. Deers love to stay there because there is where the cloud is the thinnest. I never understood that phrase but that is what I read on scarvings. If you follow me there we can search for the answers to all of our problems! And get lots of deer meat, what do you say?" He said.
"Let's do it!" Desron said with a mouthful of meat.
"Okay!" Corrow said high pawing Desron.
"Let's do this!" Solargh lifted her paw in front of Cara.
"Yeah.." Cara said.