Chapter 13

"Cara, Desron! And chief Corrow." He bowed. It was Joliah!
"What are you doing here?" Corrow asked.
"Joliah!" Cara fainted.
"I'm here to help you. And also look for my owls, I headed for Persial but then I smelt him." Joliah said.
"Smelt who?" Solargh asked.
"I smelt Opharlos." He turned around as to not show his face. He closed his eyes and repositioned his pelt.
"What's wrong." Desron asked
"Nothing! Opharlos is an evil creature and must never be trusted!"
Corrow nodded "What happened to him."
"Some say he was born evil, but I know better." He looked down and closed his eyes again. "He's good, I know it. Somewhere inside him." He got quieter as he finished the sentence.
"That's not true. He's as evil as Starfury!" Cara said as she stood up.
Joliah sighed. "Solargh I couldn't help but notice your right hind leg is gone!"
"Midnight did it. He saved my life." She looked up and smiled, but Joliah could see in her eyes that she was upset.
"That mischievous owl." Joliah chuckled. "Why did he do it?" He sounded more serious now.
"There was an avalanche, I fell down and boulders hit my head. I was knocked out but when I woke up, a huge boulder was resting on my leg." Solargh sighed.
"That's not good, but its very kind of Midnight to save you. He and Twilight were brought up with me from when they were just little owlets. They know the ways of humans." Joliah said.
"Humans? What are they?" Solargh sounded scared.
"First you must tell me, what is Starfury. On my way here some owls told me to watch out for them and you just used it in your sentence." He replied.
"Midnight created it.. It's their own pack." Corrow mumbled.
"Fantastic!" Said Joliah sarcastically.
"We should get chief!" Solargh said. "Were all here and if we get chief we can find a way off this island together!" The wolves all stared at her.
"Come on!" She said flying up into the air, her white and red wings glittered in the sky.
"Solargh!" Desron called up.
"What's wrong?"
"How are we going to get off this island?" He finished.
"Yeah! And don't we need to restore the sun first?" Cara yelled. Solargh stared at the horizon as she slowly lowered herself to the soil.
"Oh I don't think you will be restoring any sun." A black owl hooted.
"Midnight?" Joliah said.
"Huh, what are you doing here pathetic mortal." Midnight laughed.
"I'm immortal! And why would you want to have eternal night?" Joliah said.
"Oh Joliah, you aren't immortal anymore. You haven't preformed that ritual in a long time! You need a black owls feather in the mixture aswell. With Twilight dead and me being the leader of Starfury, I can't see you getting a black owls feather any time soon."
"Twilights dea-" His tears cut off his sentence
"How rude you didn't tell him." Midnight chuckled. "I want eternal night because I am nocturnal and I would love for it to be night time all the time like it is now. This way there are also no humans and other creatures alive to annoy me. Obviously you didn't know that because you are wolves! One of the most annoying animals on the planet!"
Solargh growled. "You did this didn't you!"
"Did what? Oh no that was Opharlos.. He used to be kind but after mixing with owls and not Joliah he became evil! He was very close to the owls and decided he would do what was right! He copied Joliah's power of immortality and used it for himself. Twilight, Joliah, Opharlos and I have not preformed this ritual in a long time though, which lead to Twilights death." Midnight explained.
"Opharlos must have carved those stone slabs back in Colarb." Corrow mumbled.
Joliah stood up and licked away his tears. "No matter what we will be the saviours of this frozen world!"
"And how do you plan to do that?" Midnight asked.
"We don't know but we will find a way together!" Desron said.
"Yeah and you can't stop us!" Cara yelled.
"Pfft, I pity you." He flew off into the dark night sky.
"I know what we can do. Follow me." Joliah said.