one.

"So 'Mione, what are you going to wear?" Ginny asked, while throwing a black bow over her shoulder from her trunk. Hermione laughed.

"I don't think I'm going." Before Hermione saw it coming, Ginny grabbed her shoulders and began shaking her.

"BUT YOU HAVE TO GO!" She stopped shaking her but held her shoulders firmly. "You don't have to dress up, just come! I mean, everyone is going to be there!" She pleaded with Hermione, pouting her bottom lip and making the sad puppy dog face. Hermione sighed.

"We'll see, Gin. I just depends, but I might just go for the heck of it, I mean it is a party, right?" Ginny squealed and began jumping up and down.

"Yes, yes, yes! I knew it, I knew it!" Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Well, I didn't exactly say I would come though." Ginny just laughed.

"Sure 'Mione, that's what you say." She winked at her and turned back to her trunk, digging around for something. "I know it's in here somewhere!" Ginny said with a huff.

"What is it you are exactly looking for Gin?" Hermione asked, peering over her shoulder. Ginny let out a scream of frustration and slumped to the floor next to the trunk.

"I'm looking for these chopsticks that I would put in my hair. They go with my costume." She said, crossing her arms across her chest. Hermione began laughing. "Its not funny!" Ginny whined. Hermione recovered from her laughter and wiped at her eyes.

"Honestly! And you call yourself a witch!" She cleared her throat and pulled out her wand. "Accio chopsticks!" She yelled. All of a sudden a rattling noise came from one of the vanities placed in the girls dorms. A drawer began to shake and out flew two chopsticks and landed right in Hermione's hand. "There." She said in a matter of factly tone. Ginny smiled.

"See, that's why they call you the brightest witch of our age!" Hermione grabbed a pillow off of her bed and threw it at her.

"So... has anyone asked you to go with them?" Hermione asked coolly. She knew Harry was trying to muster up the courage to asked her, but she didn't know if it happened yet. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, Dean asked me, but I really don't want to go with him. I was hoping...." her voice trailed off as her face softened with sadness. Hermione felt bad for her. She knew she was crazy over Harry.

"You know what!? You don't need to go with anyone you don't want to go with, because you'll be going with me!" Hermione said indignantly. Ginny grinned.

"Really!? You'd do that for me!?" Hermione sat next to her and wrapped her arm around her.

"Of course! What are friends for!?"