eight.

It was the day before the party, the guests were already here, of course they stayed in their own quarters; Durmstang on a boat in the lake and the Vela's in a giant cottage. Of course a few ventured inside, requesting the hand of a student to the dance, to where as the boys from Hogwarts constantly kicked themselves to try and ask one of the Vela's, surprisingly, some were quite lucky.

Hermione was asked, but she kindly declined. Victor Crum was there, but she heard from Ginny that he was taking Angelina. No big deal really.

"So 'Mione, what's up?" Ginny asked, walking into the room. Hermione sighed.

"Nothing really."

"Your not mad that Victor's going with Angelina, are you?" Hermione jumped up.

"Of course not!" Ginny studied her hostile form.

"Are you sure?" She asked, probing Hermione. It was true, she didn't care, but she did find it annoying, after what her and Krum had done and been through. "Well, if nothing's wrong, why are you so... preoccupied?"

Hermione put her face in her hands. "Gin, nothing's wrong. I don't know why you keep being persistent." She said, sighing.

"Well, to me, you look as if somethings wrong. That's what friends are for, 'Mione. If you need anything, just... just let me know. Okay?" Hermione lifted her head and looked at her.

"Okay." She said with a vague smile. Ginny left the room, leaving Hermione to wallow in the few remaining hours.