five.

The next morning, Hermione woke up earlier than the rest of them. It was the weekend, yes, and the party was no more than a week away.

She had thought about everything, pictured how it would be, but the only thing that could blow anything, was the man she so dearly wanted to seek out the night of the party. And if, if he dressed up, would she be able to recognize him? So many negatives were standing in the way of her plan, and so few positives.

As she dressed for the morning, she decided to walk by the lake. She threw on a pair of jeans and a turtleneck and combat boots she oh so adored. She walked out of the portrait, the halls were extremely quiet. Not a soul, well, living soul, was to be seen. She walked down the hall and made her way to the front doors.

Once she stepped out, the cold air of the fall hit her, blowing her hair and stinging her cheeks. But she didn't mind. She walked over to the lake, slowly thinking. This was a one man show, and she was doing it all on her own, with her own consent. She needed no help, just luck.

She crossed her arms over her chest and kept her head down, she had wished she brought a jacket to wear. It was colder than she had expected, and she left her wand back in her room. "Oh shit!" She said.

"Thats quite profound language for you." Said a voice. She jumped and turned around to meet the eyes of a glare that put her to sleep almost every night. She shivered and could feel the hairs stand up on her arms.

"Sor-"

"No need to apologize. Although it is quite amusing to see the brightest witch of the age out here, in cold weather with no cloak. Surely one would think she was smarter than this?" He said with a shrug of his shoulders. She didn't respond. "No? Hmm, such a pity." He said.

"Well sir, one could equally say that she may not have been cold. In fact, she isn't." She said, although her trembling body and chattering teeth told another. He scoffed.

"Dont be daft, Miss Granger." He said. He pulled his cloak off and walked to her, wrapping it around her small form. He bent low and whispered in her ear. "Although, question still strikes as to why she would be out here, and not inside?" He asked. His voice tickled her ear and neck. She closed her eyes.

"Well, I thought it would be nice to get some fresh air. Although I could ask the same of yo-" She looked around her, he was gone. "What the..." She stammered. She turned and looked in all directions, but his tall black figure was no where to be seen. 

She looked at her shoulders and saw his cloak still there, so it wasn't a figment of her imagination. She turned slowly and walked back to the castle, wrapping the cloak around her tighter. She felt as if it were a token of such. She could smell him on it. Fresh herbs and sandalwood, two smells she loved dearly.