twenty-three.

Waking slowly from the sleep he had fallen into, his eyes fluttered lightly, taking in the surroundings

His sheets were unkempt and all over the place, and layers of clothing were littered all over the bed post and floor. Oh yes, his sexual escapade with the mysterious women was the best he'd had.

He guessed it was all of the sexual tension that had been building up beforehand, and he didn't mean just the hours. No, the days, the weeks, the months and even years. Of course he knew who she was. He had had his suspicions throughout the night, but it all became very clear in the end.

Giving a sigh as he stretched, he turned over onto his side to see her facing towards him, her head propped up on her elbow. She was playing with the front of her mask as it lay between them on the bed.

He studied her. She was calm and collected, a bit different than the front she put on earlier. He noticed it was still dark, so he hadn't of been sleeping long. She played with the ribbon of the mask as he watched her. It was almost as if neither knew what to say, or who should speak first. But finally, one was to break the silence. Her eyes didn't look up to meet his when she spoke.

"I guess I really didn't need this then, huh?" She said, gesturing to the mask. Severus lay there, contemplating how to answer.

"Well, I guess all the difference it made only lasted for so long. Afterall, putting two and two together made it much easier. No women has ever been so desperate for me in their lives." He said, laughing lightly. Something Hermione had never heard before. But she liked it.

"Why didn't you try to stop me then?" She asked, looking at him with her big brown eyes. He quirked his eyebrow at her.

"I did, plenty of times."

"No, I mean, why didn't you really stop me. You could have just exploited me, threw me out, expelled me, anything. So why didn't you?" She asked in all seriousness. It had bothered her since she heard him yell her name. Once he had fallen asleep, she just lay there, unsure if she should make a secret quite leave, or stay.

Severus sighed deeply and rolled over onto his back.

"Must we talk about this now?" She frowned.

"Yes we must. I'd like to know." He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Can a man just enjoy waking from a good fuck with some peace and quiet?! This is why I dont sleep around much, you women always have something to say afterwards!" She glared daggers at him. Sitting up, she pulled the sheets up to her chest.

"Well I can see this was a grave mistake then, Professor." She spat at him. Scooting over to the edge of the bed, she grabbed her mask and went to grab for her stuff, when he grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Look, I apologize, I shouldn't have said that. Come back, please." He said, gesturing towards the bed where she had left from.

Looking from his hand gently on her wrist, to the look in his eyes. His words sounded so sincere and foreign, she had never heard him apologize before. Sighing, she dropped her stuff and crawled back in between the sheets.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know." She said quietly. Pulling tue sheets up to her chin. He looked at her. Surely she was a bright Witch, shouldn't she know why he didn't stop her? Clearing his throat, he sighed.

"If I answer your question, you must answer mine then." She looked at him and furrowed her brows. What question did he have for her? Nodding her head slowly, as she really did want to hear what he had to say, he smirked.

Sitting up in the bed beside her, he realized how uncomfortable he now felt. Sex and now an interview, nothing like it, right?

"I-" he started, he couldnt figure just how to say it. "Miss Granger-" she looked at him and raised an eyebrow. He cleared his throat, kind of uncomfortable with the whole first name basis thing already. "Hermione, I must confess. I've always admired you." Her eyes softened at this. She had never thought she'd hear him say such a sweet thing. "You have always seized to amaze me, and as annoying as it is, I admire you for that. Yes, I do know I was a complete. . . git to you at times, but please understand, I only wanted to push you because merlin knows you are capable of so much more." Tears began to slowly form in her eyes. "I started developing feelings for you, and they only grew stronger and stronger the older you got. I then learned to realize my feelings were innapropriate and would go against all the rules, laws, and regulations me being a teacher fell under." Sighing, he continued. "But after tonight, and your efforts matched my own desire I buried so deep down, the ones I denied entirely, I decided to go to hell with it all. So now, here we are." He answered simply.

He avoided her gaze, he was never good with the whole confession, feelings and emotions thing. But he guessed for a first timer, he did pretty damn good.

Wiping at her eyes, her heart felt full. This is why she fell in love with the man in front of her, he always surprised her. The things she admired about him, she etched in every fiber of her soul. But this, this was something her heart would never let go of, never forget.

Leaning over, she placed her hands on his cheeks and pulled him into a sweet, soft kiss. One sue felt she needed, not desired. To her surprise, he kissed her back, his hand coming up and weaving its way into her hair.

This kiss was much more different than the ones they shared tonight, this one had more passion in it, more love and definitely more understanding. It was amazing how a kiss can be so different. Pulling away, she smiled.

"That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me." If you could believe it or not, the man before her blushed. It was a certain array of pink across his pale white cheeks. She loved it.

Clearing his throat, he looked at her. "Now, its your turn."