twenty-six.

Once back into the party, Hermione felt more confident

Once back into the party, Hermione felt more confident. She passed everyone and went straight to the drinks table. People no longer were interested in the young feline from before; they were all either buzzed off of butter beer (with a few drops of firewhiskey in it, thanks to some of the Durmstang students) or were completely tired and were shuffling about dancing like ghouls.

Hermione made her way over to the drinks table, a smile radiant on her face. She happened to pass Ginny who whipped around to look at her.

"Mione?" She questioned, her eyes widening as Hermione turned towards her. Her eyes were drinking in her appearance; she was baffled. "What are you wearing?" She asked, placing a hand on her shoulder, looking at her bewildered. Hermione just pulled her mask off and shrugged her shoulders.

"I decided to try something new." She said simply. Ginny just beamed like fireworks were going off inside of her.

"Ahh! You look to die for!" She squealed. Hermione was glad she didn't mention the bit about her dancing with Professor Snape, she really wasn't in the mood to explain.

People all around began whispering and staring at Ginny's outburst. Harry was walking towards Ginny with his eyes trained on two full glasses of spiked pumpkin juice, when he looked up and saw Hermione. Dropping both the cups, he turned white.

"Blimey 'Mione! What are you wearing?!" He asked, staring at her. Hermione just rolled her eyes.

"Look can we just forget about my costume and have a great rest of the night?" She asked, pouring all of the new cups of juice. Ginny nodded her head.

"To Gryffindor." Ginny said, raising her glass. Hermione smiled, raising her's along with Harry.

"To Gryffindor!" They all said in unison. They threw it back and drank it, shaking they're heads at the queer taste of the mixture.

"Hey, where's Ron?" Hermione asked, scanning the room. Ginny shook her head.

"He ran of with some tramp from Beauxbatons." She said, rolling her eyes. Thats when the music got louder and the lights dimmed. Strobe lights began blinking all around the room, making it look colorful and fun. "Oh my god its our song!" Ginny screamed over the noise. Grabbing Harry and Hermione's hand, she pulled them to the dance floor and they began bopping along to the music.

In that moment, Hermione felt reborn. She really didn't care anymore. A weight was lifted off her shoulders and she now found herself a new lover and hopefully a permanent one. But little did Hermione know, that as she was enjoying herself, watchful eyes gazed at her with shame; She was the one that got away.