two.

After helping Ginny, Hermione decided to go for a walk on the school grounds. But as she was stepping out of the portrait leading to the common room, she heard Collin Creevy. She rolled her eyes, that kid never gave up.

As she turned the corner, she bumped into a figure and fell on the floor, spilling all of the contents out of her bag. She let out a cry, in protest of her bum hitting the stone hard floor. She was about to chastise the person who ran into her when she saw the black robes circling around black as night shoes. She let her eyes trail up the figure and met those cold black Obsidian eyes. She gulped.

"I.. I am so sorry prof-"

"But Sir! Professor Dumbledore requests you to come! He says all of the staff and faculty of Hogwarts must be present." Creevy cried. Professor Snape sighed and turned to the boy darkly.

"Fine. I will attend, but I will NOT be participating in that... that... costume charade!" He turned back to Hermione as she began to gather up her things on the floor. "As for you Miss Granger, be more-"

"Well sir, Professor Dumbledore isn't taking no for an answer. He strictly told me to tell you that you have to participate, and participate 100%" Snape turned on him so quick that Collin began to tremble. It was nothing new, having Creevy do the dirty work for Dumbledore.

"What. Did. You. Say?" He asked him in a low dangerous voice. Hermione shuddered. That dark velvet soft voice, luring her in. She slowly scrambled for her belongings as she listened to the dark exchange from Snape to a very scared student, Collin.

"Sir, I'm only repeating what Dumbledore told me. He says that you have to participate."

"Participate how?" He asked, sneering. Collin mumbled something. "Speak up you blundering buffoon!" He snarled.

"You have to... you have to..." he began to stammer. He looked as if he were about to faint.

"I think what Collin here is saying, is that Professor Dumbledore wants you to participate by dressing up, sir." Hermione said as indignantly as she could. He whipped around to her quickly and glared. She met his even stare.

"Miss Granger, this is none of your concern." He snarled. Collin looked as if he were about to be sick.

"Well sir, I found it my concern when you didn't understand." She said smartly. He glared.

"10 points from Gryffindor for Miss Granger being an insufferable know it all." He said, relishing in her anger. "Do think twice before you cheek one of your teachers, Miss Granger." With that he walked away, his black robes swishing around his figure.

She watched his figure disappear and sighed. She began to walk away when a small hand reached out and grabbed her arm. "Thanks Hermione, you saved me ba-"

"Dont mention it, Collin. I got house points taken from us, there's nothing to be grateful for." She walked away, leaving him to wallow in his own beating heart. As she walked outside on the school grounds, she was very irritated. Who was he to judge her, when he was the dumb one who didn't understand what Collin was saying!?

 It wasn't really hard to figure out. You put two and two together and the whole answer is revealed! But a side of her wondered why he was so dumbfounded about it. Maybe he wanted to hear Collin say it, so he could relish in his evident fear. She shook her head in frustration.

She sat down next to a tree near the lake. She remembered how her heart had fluttered when he spoke to her, when he looked at her. Yes, it was true, she had an infatuation over him since her 5th year. She had found his voice to melt her insides, he stare to give her desirable shivers, and just his being to make her heart beat a thousand times faster. 

She laughed at herself, she thought she was going insane! Was it wrong if her to have a 'crush' on her Professor? She didn't feel as if it were wrong, to her, it almost felt... right.

They had so much in common besides their attitudes. And as much as she had searched, she never found the perfect guy for her, well, at least around her age. But when she looked at him, when he spoke to her, she felt as if his words caressed her very being. How many times had she blushed so profusely in Potions, that she looked as if she had gotten a sunburn!

But even though he made her feel this way, he was an utter jerk! He always picked on her, and her friends! He always looked at her as if she were his problem, when she wasn't. She tried her hardest to prove him wrong, to show him that she was intellectually smart and had stimulating growth, all the way around, but he always dismissed the obvious and searched for her faults, which she was sure she never had.

"If only know could find a way to get back at him!" She growled in anger. She sat there, contemplating ways to get back at him, to make him see her beauty, and not her, although she hated to say it, ignorance. But with the Halloween party approaching so quickly, she saw no way to wrap around her Professor. "Wait a minute! The party!" She shouted loudly. She quickly covered her mouth as if what she was thinking she just blurted out. She looked around and saw that no one was out, and took a deep breath. She smiled evily at herself, her thoughts, if she were correct, could change the course of everything.