twenty-four.

Sitting up straighter in the bed beside him, she nodded her head slowly

Sitting up straighter in the bed beside him, she nodded her head slowly. She didn't know what he was going to ask, but she knew he was going to be expecting an honest answer. She hoped it wasn't going to be a hard one.

"So, its about earlier today. . ." he started. She looked at him as if trying to remember what part of today was he talking about. So much had happened.

"Your going to have to elaborate, Severus." She said, with a smile. He looked up at her and glared.

"Don't be the annoying chit I love you to be."

"Did you just say you love me?" He rolled his eyes.

"Stop getting off topic." She shook her head as a small blush made its way to her chest. "Now, about Mr. Krum . . ." her eyes widened in horror at him mentioning Viktor. "Ah, yes. Now, I know something happened between the two of you. And I want to know." He answered, with a look of care in his eyes. Hermione hung her head. "Look, I answered your question, now I'd like you to answer mine. I know he didn't put his hands on you for no reason and I know you didn't do the same thing either, thats not you." She sighed deeply and looked up at him slowly.

"If I tell you, you must promise not to lash out." He frowned. Raising his hand to her face, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'd never hurt you." She smiled softly.

"I didn't mean me, Severus." He looked at her, confused for a moment, but shook it off. Easing herself back onto the bed, she fiddled with her fingers. He watched her, letting her take her time. It obviously was something serious. "After my fourth year and the Triwizard Tournament, me and Krum hit it off pretty well. After he asked me to the dance, and saved me in the second task, we decided to do a little courting." She started. "We were going steady for a few months, but he wanted to take things to a more serious level. Me being new to the whole girlfriend thing and as well as liking that someone really took to me in a way that made feel noticed in life, I agreed." She felt a bit uncomfortable, but he was honest eith her, it was the least she could do. Sitting up now, she pulled her knees to her chest and hugged them. Taking a shaky breath, she continued.

"I didn't think-" she began, but her voice cracked. She could feel the hurt, the anger and tue fear begin to ride in her chest. Severus scooted closer to her, wrapping his arms around her, he pulled her to his chest. By now the tears were threatening to fall.

"When he said serious, I didn't think he was going to use me. My version of serious was kissing in public, going on outings, personally knowing each other than we really let on, but I was wrong." As he cradled her, he felt his blood begin to boil. "Viktor was all he seemed to be in every other witches eyes. Incredibly handsome, strong, fearless, and above all, a player. I let my obliviousness blind me to all of that. When he suggested serious, he meant body exploration through intercourse." A tear fell as she closed her eyes tight. A small shudder ran up her body.

"You don't have to continue-"

"No, I owe you that much." Wiping at her eyes, she carried on. "I was a flower, a blossoming flower who knew about everything else but sex." She said, scoffing slightly to herself. "So, looking at the thought to be a great learning lesson for me, and something I assumed every relationship should involve, I agreed to it." Severus hated this. She was so bright, how was it that one silly subject could ruin everything? "He told me he wasn't going to start right away. He wanted to do it when he knew I was comfortable in the moment with him, that way I wouldn't be scared. I guess he could see I was nervous."

"It had been months since he suggested the idea but we'd never done it. So I had thought that he may have forgotten about it, or just decided against it entirely since I wasn't all that comfortable with it. I mean, we had had countless moments where I thought he could have started the whole experimentation, but never. One day, he had suggested over the summer we go to a really nice beach he knew of. It was nice. We carved out names into a large piece of driftwood, and enjoyed each others company. We had pitched a tent and he thought it would be nice to stay overnight. He said the stars were beautiful at this time of year. So, we decided to rest in the tent after being out all day. We were just lying there. It somehow felt right for the moment, but there was a sort of unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was his eyes, there was something different about them. I took notice to everything in everyone, kinda like the way I studied you." She said, smiling softly at Severus. He raised her hand to his lips and kissed it.

"He kissed me. It wasn't like a kiss we had shared on countless occasions, it was one of fervor and it hurt. I remember pushing him away, suddenly feeling scared. But his hands, they were all over me, hurting and bruising my skin." The tears were streaming down her face now and every word she spoke, her voice cracked. "I tried to stop him, I did, but he was too strong, too forceful. He wasn't the same guy I had a crush on, who I decided to have a relationship with." Severus gripped the sheets of the bed, all he saw right now was red.

"I begged him to stop, but he didn't. He wouldn't listen. He wanted what he wanted and he promised me he wouldn't hurt me, but he did. He took the most important thing from me any girl finds sacred, he t-took it without my consent." She said sobbing into his shoulder. He held her, kissing every place he could reach; her neck, her shoulder, her cheek, hair. He wanted her to know he cared. And he also swore to himself to find a way to avenge her, though she asked him not to. She was his girl now.

"I'm so sorry." She sobbed into his chest. He pulled back and held her face between his hands.

"Don't you ever be sorry, you have nothing to be sorry for." He said, wiping her tears. She hung her head.

"I was so stupid."

"No you weren't. I don't want you to burden yourself with this. It was not your fault."

"Well then can I at least be sorry for crying and being a mess? I've never told anyone." She said, laughing lightly. She was happy he was so understanding, and it felt so much better to share it with someone than to hold it in to herself. She felt a certain sort of relief.

"Not even that." He said, smiling softly. She shook her head. Laying back, he held her as she rested her head against his chest.

"Well, there you have it. The reason we have bad blood." She said sheepishly.

"I'm surprised you haven't cursed him yet." He said, looking down at her. She shook her head.

"I move on, I'd be stuck in the same spot as I was before if I wanted to do something about it." She answered with a shrug of her shoulders. He smirked.

"What about Draco?" She looked up at him and rolled her eyes.

"He's a different story." Laughing, he kissed the top of her head, she was so brave.

They stayed there like that for some time, rethinking everything. Good and bad.