nine.

He couldn't believe he had to participate in this stupid party! He had argued with Dumbledore countless of times and to no avail, he was to attend. There was no way to get out of it. After helping the teachers helplessly decorate the great hall, he high-tailed it to his quarters.

One inside, he collapsed in his chair, flicking his wrist and a cold glass of firewhiskey appeared in his hand. As he sat there, he imagined all of the trouble that was bound to happen at this... this... party.

With two more schools attending, they were all for sure going to have to be on top of everything. That meant patrolling the party, outside, and the corridors for students sneaking off with one another. He hoped he could patrol outside, because that he knew was going to be less of a problem for him.

He sipped his drink, letting it burn as it trailed down his throat. As he sat there, a familiar fragrance came to mind. That Granger girl still had his cloak and didn't return it. He suspected that she probably burned it. He sneered, why wouldn't she? 

She despised him, as did he, and they never saw eye to eye. She was annoying, and her title obviously didn't bother her. Sho needed a knew one, and he was for sure going to think of one.

But just thinking about her out of the blue was a little unnerving to him. Especially her smell. Since when did he ever care to notice? She smelled of sweetpeas and lavender. He sighed, why the hell was he doing this?

 The last time he ever paid mind to a women's smell was Lily's, and that was ages ago. He faintly smiled remembering her fragrance; Water Lilly's and Cucumber. He felt as if he could still smell her.

His heart saddened at the thought. She had told him that she never saw their 'relationship' no more as a friendship. It was clear, plain as day, he had been friend zoned. It hurted then and hurted now with her being gone. He had never been successful in his lifetime to find a girl that he liked and shared interest with, thanks to his nickname Snivillus, he didn't get very far.

He shuddered just reliving the past. He downed the rest of his drink and looked at the time. The party was just hours away.

He refilled his drink, threw it back, downing it in one gulp, and shuffled off to his rooms to retire for the night. He was so grateful for no classes.