eighteen.

He walked down the hall, in search for the black feline

He walked down the hall, in search for the black feline. He had to admit it, she peaked his interest.

As he walked, he passed many students, they were whispering as he passed them, more than likely about him dancing with.... whoever she was.

Searching every hall, every staircase, every empty classroom, and even the grounds of Hogwarts, but to no avail, he never saw her slinky black form. He felt discouraged, surely he had never lost a soul he was searching for, but now he wasn't even sure she was real.

Heading back to the party, he came across students sneaking away and snogging. He had, had the joy of taking points away from each house, well, all except his, even though his was the main one sneaking out and breaking the rules.

As he walked back he thought about what she said. She wanted to dance with darkness, the bat of the dungeons. It still strikes him odd however that she wanted such things. He was and still is baffled, and she knew how to play games.

Before entering through the double doors of the party, he stopped. He didn't think he was needed anymore, surely he had done more than enough for the party. Without anyone's consent, he walked away, heading in the direction of the dungeons, to his rooms where he could sit back, drink, and think.

Descending the stairs to the dungeons, he couldn't wrap his mind around the mysterious girl. But since he couldn't find out anything about her, he decided to shake it off and forget about it. Although he was sure Dumbledore or the rest of the staff would continue to question him.

Walking down the dark dank hall, he met the door of his room. Just as he was about to open it, he stopped.

He sensed no wards. Since when had he never remembered to put the wards on his door? He opened the door and walked carefully inside. Wand raised and on guard, he scanned the room. Looking around him he saw nothing out of place. There was no change in the air, everything seemed simply the same. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, he really was a paranoid person.

Undoing his cloak, he slipped it on his forearm and walked over and hung it on the coat hanger. Walking into his kitchenette, he searched for his tumbler. It was no where to be found. He frowned at this, for he was in need of a drink. Then he remembered his hours before stupor he had, had in his room. Snapping his fingers, he strode towards his room. But just before he pushed open the door, something told him to check on his latest project in his private lab.

Walking away from his bedroom door, he walked into his lab and over to the bunson burner that contained a cauldron full of wolfs bane.

He had been trying to see if he could somehow alter the original brew and see if he could make it last longer. If he was lucky... as long as a life time. But, of course years of research are to come for results as such.

Walking away, satisfied at what progress he saw, he walked into his study and grabbed his notebook and quill, recording the changes that have happened in the past eight hours, as opposed to the original, unaltered version.

Checking his work on last time, he headed straight for his room. Pushing the door open with ease he walked into his private quarters without a moment's thought.

Walking over to his liquor cabinet, he found his tumbler and poured himself a nice refreshing glass of muggle whiskey. Although a wizard as he is, he did still enjoy some muggle aspects, and one of them was their choice in liquors and preferable paintings.

Throwing the contents of his drink back in one gulp, he began to loosen the buttons on his collar, trying to breath from under all the layers he wore. Letting out a much needed sigh, he crossed the room to the terrance. Throwing open the doors, he was transported to the top of the astronomy tower, over looking the grounds.

With a snap of his fingers, the bottle of whiskey flew to him and landed in his opened hand. Pouring another glass, he looked over the edge of the railing, looking down upon the streaming lights on the dark grounds. Leaning on the banister he looked out among the sky. Watching the darkness shift around and shape into figments of one's imagination.

After some time of watching the night, he began to wander his thoughts back to that... cat. He scoffed at himself. Why was he so desperate to know who she was? Yes, she was mysterious, and he thinks that's what attracts him to her. He is the type of guy who likes mystery. And, she seemed dangerous. Something about the way she spoke, the way she was able to get him to dance, told him enough.

She was no Veela.

She was no Bulgarian.

And she sure didn't seem to be from Hogwarts.

He knew every living and dead soul that lived at Hogwarts, that attended at Hogwarts, and never had he been so puzzled. And he knew just enough about the Veela's to know that, that type of women was not prohibited at such a proper school. And the Bulgarians, he knew there turf, thanks to the many years dedicated to the dark arts, plus, most of the Bulgarians were all boys, hardly a girl was able to attend. So that left only one thing; She was an official party crasher. An uninvited guest that he did not know about.

Stepping away from the ledge, he slowly walked back into his dorms, the doors magically shutting themselves behind him. He was so lost in thought, that he did not see the figure lying on his bed, watching his every move.

He unknowingly walked over to the fireplace, about to light it when he stopped. The fire was already lit. It was roaring in the fireplace. He whipped around with his wand raised. He was so careless that he didn't even notice. He scanned his room until his eyes rested upon his bed.