three.

After spending time in the cool weather outside, she decided it was high time to go back to the castle. Her train of thoughts lit a fire inside of her, and she felt as if all eyes could see right through her.

She went to the great hall. Everyone was eating by then. She took her place next to Ginny who was talking enthusiastically to Angelina about the party. She saw Hermione and turned towards her. "So 'Mione, what are you going as?" Angelina asked. Hermione smiled.

"Oh, I wasn't dressing up, just isn't me. Sorry." She said with a shrug. Her and Angelina weren't the best of friends. They kept it cool and calculated. For some reason, Angelina thought she was better than her, she guessed by Blood Status. Ginny rolled her eyes at the icy exchange.

"But you are still going with me, right!?" She asked. Hermione took a sip of her juice.

"Of course, Gin! Since when have I ever lied!?" Ginny pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks, 'Mione!" Just as she was being breathlessly hugged to death, Dumbledore cleared his throat. Ginny let go, and everyone looked at the headmaster at the front of the room.

"This year, for the first time ever, we will be having a Halloween Party!" He said. Everyone cheered and clapped. He held up his hand to silence them. "But, it has come to my attention, that not all schools do this such thing." The whole room filled into a hushed whisper. A frantic one, if Hermione could say so herself.

"Mione! You don't think he's is going to cancel it because of tradition, do you!?" Ginny asked frantically. Hermione winced.

"I don't know, Gin." She said. Ginny turned towards Angelina and began to have a rushed conversation.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled. "Now, since by tradition this is not known for, we have decided, as all schools to bend it. Here at Hogwarts, we will be inviting Durmstang and Beauxbatons to join us, and they have happily agreed!" The whole school jumped with joy at these news, to Hermione, this was music to her ears, because now her plan has been altered in a special way. "It has been the first time since the Triwizard cup that we have United two standing schools!" He yelled over the crowd of cheering students.

Hermione smiled as Ginny grabbed her shoulders. "Hermione! Did you hear that!? Durmstang!?" She squealed with delight. Hermione just smiled.

"Oh yes, I heard." She said, quietly to herself.