ten.

Hermione awoke with the jitters.

Her hands shook as she dressed and made her way down to the common room for breakfast. Since the Great Hall was off limits to the school until the party, each house had to eat breakfast in their common rooms.

Hermione didn't feel hungry, but she forced herself to drink some juice, just to make herself blend in. She saw Ron downing a plate of sausages, it was disgusting, she wanted to gag. Harry was reading the daily prophets sports section, sipping pumpkin juice. Ginny had still been sleeping, but the other girls had awoken and started placing their makeup in order on the vanities.

To Hermione, this was annoying and uncalled for. She despised makeup, and she never wore it, she always believed beauty came naturally. The only thing she fixed was her hair, and that was a must.

She finished her cup and went back to her room. Once she passed all of the stares from the girls, she went to her bed, grabbed her beaded purple bag and headed out the portrait. Usually the halls were quite, but today, they were filled with hustling and bustling Durmstang's and Veela's. She weaved her way though them, trying to get to her destination; the main floor girls bathroom.

As she walked through the halls, through the many gossiping students, a hand reached out and grabbed her wrist lightly. She turned and met the sharp gaze of Victor Crum. She rolled her eyes and tried pulling her wrist out of her grasp, only to be pulled back with more force.

"What do you want?" She spat like venom. A certain fire and hatred shone in her eyes. He looked at her. His gaze was sharp but apologetic.

"Her-my-oh-knee, pease hear me out." He said. She scoffed.

"There is nothing to hear, Crum." She jerked her hand away and walked down the hall, only to be abruptly grabbed and pushed up against the wall.

"I am surry for vhat I did. It was vrong of me." He said, edging closer to her. She tried pushing him off.

"Leave. Me. Alone!" She hollered, pounding her first into his chest. He moved closer to her as she writhed and kicked to get out of his grasp. He squeezed his grip on her wrists. "Ow! Victor, your hurting me!" She pleaded.

"Not as bad as you vurt my heart." He said. His breath tickled her neck. She tried hopelessly to jerk away from him. She was mad she even took a hall that no one ever went down. She was mad she even left the common room.

"Get. Off. Of. Me!" She said. He wouldn't let her go. She moved her head and smashed it into his face. He let go of her and grabbed his now bleeding nose. Her wrists were bruised.

"Why you vittle-"

"Mr. Crum, that will be enough for you." Said a voice that sent shivers down her back. She looked and met the dark gaze of the most Obsidian eyes she had ever seen. Crum stood full length and looked at Hermione with a scowl. He then sauntered off down the hall, wiping at his, she hoped, broken nose as it continued to bleed.

Hermione took in a deep and shaky breath, grabbed her bag she had dropped and walked past her Professor to her destination. As she walked she wringed her wrists.

"Where do you think you are going?" A voice called after her. She stopped and turned slowly. She just met his gaze. He walked up to her and grabbed her bruised wrist.

"Ow!" She yelled

"What happened?" He asked, inspecting the dark purplish, blue color.

"Nothing." She said quietly. He looked at her and scoffed.

"Don't feed me those lies. Now I'm going to ask you again and I expect an answer! What happened!?" Hermione wiped at her eyes furiously.

"I can take care of myself." She said, wrenching her hand from his gentle but firm grasp. He glared.

"Obviously."

She walked away from him, down the hall. The tears stung her eyes and blurred her vision.

"You know Miss Granger, one would respectfully thank the person that merely helped them." He said, shrugging his shoulders. She turned towards him and glared. She walked up to him with her finger pointed at his chest.

"I. Was. Fine! I didn't need any help! You didn't have to do anything! In fact, you never did anything when your bleach blonde nephew of a snake tormented me all these years! You don't care about me, and I dont want you-"

"Quiet you foolish girl!" He raged, covering her mouth with his hand and pushing her up against the wall. "Now listen closely, you are right, I don't care. But when a student of Hogwarts is threatened by an outsider, I make it my problem." He let go of her and stepped away. Her small body slid to the floor as she trembled and began to cry.

As she cried, she didn't feel his form pick her up in his arms and carry her to the infirmary. As she cried she didn't feel anything until Madame Pomfrey gave her a handkerchief.

"Here darling, everything is going to be alright." She said. Hermione froze and looked around.

"Wha- how did I get here!?" She asked frantically. Pomfrey just looked at her and chuckled.

"Professor Snape so kindly carried you here." She said. Hermione's heart raced and she felt a blush come to her face.

"Oh" she said quietly.

"Well then, let's have a look at cha!" She said, cheerfully. She lifted up her wrist off the side of the bed and examined it. Hermione winced in pain. "Oh dear, oh dear." She tutted. She pulled out her wand and began waving it around her wrist. Instantly her bruise disappeared, but it still hurt. "Here, drink this." She said as she handed her a glass of Skelo-Grow. Hermione reluctantly took it and drank it.

She could feel the magic working and the potion, healing her wrists. "Thank you." She said quietly. Madame Pomfrey laughed.

"Oh, you shouldn't thank me, thank Professor Snape, he's the one who brought you in!" She said, turning away from her. Hermione stood up and walked to the infirmary doors, she turned around one last time and looked around. A deep blush rose to her face. She couldn't believe he carried her here and she didn't even notice.