New Girl

2 Years Before the Fall of Shinganshina

Levi's POV

"You want to add another member to my squad? A new recruit at that!" Was Erwin asking me to throw away my scouting mission for some random addition?

"Levi, she has the skill to be on your squad. She will not be a burden, she will be obedient and follow orders." Erwin seemed eager to add this person to my squad.

"You know it only takes one person to screw up a mission." I leaned one of my hands against Erwin's desk.

"I know, but she won't be that person. This is a simple scouting mission, just take her and go." Erwin was using my lack of free time against me.

"Fine, but if she screws up, it's on you." I pointed directly at the commander before turning around to leave.

I was already geared up so I headed straight to the courtyard where my squad was waiting for me. As I stepped outside and into the bright daylight I looked around and found familiar faces lined up in a row saluting me. I looked down the line and saw a girl about my height at the end. Her dark brown hair was pulled up and out of her face and her icy blue eyes stared straight ahead. I rolled my eyes at the girl and mounted my horse.

"Let's get going, I want to make this quick." I lazily said as I heard all five of them mount their own horses.

We rode through town and finally made it to the wall. All six of us were pulled up to the top of the walls then lowered back down. I had done this countless times, nothing seemed new to me, the only difference now is that I'm carrying dead weight. Once on the dirt covered ground I rode out and turned to face my squad.

"This will be an easy short mission. Our only job is to scout out were the titans are and eliminate them if they pose any threat to coming too close. I don't want anyone dead so use your best judgement out there. Got it?" 

"Yes sir!" All five of them shouted, I turned my horse to face front and charged forwards.

"Hey captain, are you gonna tell us who the new girl is?" Miles, one of my squad members rode up beside me and asked.

"I don't know her, ask her yourself." It was true that I didn't even know her name.

I didn't care to know her name since I would dismiss her off of my squad after this anyways. Miles seemed curious though and fell back to question her. I couldn't care less about the girl or her name so I didn't attempt to listen to their conversation. 

We were a few miles away from the wall when we spotted the first titan. It was a 5 meter tall titan and it was looking directly at us. There were no trees around so I could only use the monster as a sticking point. I stood up on the horse and hooked onto the titans shoulder. I swung my body in the air and cut right at the nape of the neck. As the titan fell I jumped and landed back onto my horse easily.

"Captain, your skills are always impressive!" Kril another one of my squad members cheered. 

"Keep your focus!" I ordered behind my back.

We continued on and only after a few more minutes we found more titans. This time there was around five of them, they were around fifteen to seventeen meters tall. 

"Lead them to the forest to our right!" Hopefully the trees will give my squad an easier time.

We all deployed our ODM gear and scaled the trees. I watched as Kril, Miles, and Ron took on one of the tallest. With the three working together the titan had no chance. My eyes then landed on a titan right in front of me. Before I could take it on, blood spattered out the nape of its neck and the new girl flew into the air from its body. Did she really kill her first titan by herself? I decided my viewing party was over and joined the fight. I slaughtered one as I watched the new girl do the same. I guess Erwin was right, she wouldn't be a burden. Suddenly I heard screaming, I landed on a tree branch and looked over to see my squad member Retia struggling with her ODM gear. There was a titan right before her, I was too far away I wouldn't make it in time. Right as the titan reached for her something fast swooped in and cut off the fingers of the titan. I looked closer and saw that it was the new girl. She quickly grabbed Retia and carried her to safety as Kril and Ron came and finished the titan off.