The Trap

Anna's POV

Levi really was jealous of Eren. I found it quite comical that humanities strongest soldier was jealous of some kid. This morning two of Hanges test subjects were killed, so we rushed over to see what had happened. It was obvious someone with ODM gear had killed them. Hange was crying her eyes out so I went to comfort her.

"It's okay Hange, I'll find you some new ones okay?" I bent down and patted her gently on the shoulder. She grabbed me tightly and looked at me with red puffy eyes.

"Really? But... Bean and Sonny!" She cried harder and I continued to stroke her back gently.

"They died a painless death." I sighed as Hange cried on me.

After a few minutes like that I stood up and saw my brother in the crowd whispering something to Eren. I walked over and saluted the Commander.

"Anna, could I see you in my office?" He asked, or more like commanded. I nodded and followed him to his office. After the door closed I walked up to his much taller frame and hugged him.

"I haven't seen you in a while brother." I smiled into him as he hugged back.

"I'm glad to see that you're doing well." He pulled away from the hug and patted my head.

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked as he took a seat behind his large desk.

"This up coming expedition will be a trap for the spy we have in our ranks. They are most likely a titan like Eren. I'll have Levi's squad lead the titan into the forest where they'll be traps set up." Erwin got to the point and explained his large plan to me. I was surprised that he was telling me all of this so bluntly.

"How do you know they'll follow our squad?" My brother was a master at thinking ahead, I wish I was as smart as he was when it came to strategizing. 

"Eren is one of them, which means they're more likely to chase after Eren."

"So, we'll be bait." I stated flatly.

"Yes." Erwin had a habit of using others to achieve a much larger goal. Sometimes I don't agree with him, but his plans usually work so I couldn't complain.

"I trust that you will not inform any others about this plan." He was placing a lot of trust in me, I was probably the first person he told.

"Of course not. You can trust me." 

"I know I can." Erwin smiled at me, I could tell he was going to start dotting on me with how soft his expression was.

"My little sister is the best and I know this first hand." There he goes.

"Erwin stop, I'm an adult you know. I have to get back to Levi, but I'll see you during the expedition." Erwin had a habit of treating me like a child, so I wanted to leave before it got worse.

"Send Levi my regards." I nodded and left his office.

After another week the 57th expedition was finally a go. While on our way to Karanes district Levi told me to stick close to him. I figured he was aware of the real plan since him and Erwin are so close. We had only been out for an hour or so and the whole right flank was destroyed. Levi kept us in our positions as we rode for a forest of giant trees. The large abnormal titan was close on our heels when we entered the forest. I rode close to Levi, he didn't seemed bothered by the titan and continued with the secret plan. The other members of the squad were concerned, each of them asking Levi what to do. I held myself back and kept quiet, although many other soldiers were being killed while trying to get the titan off our back. Eren was screaming for us to turn around and help them, but that wasn't part of the plan so we could only continue forwards.