Nightfall

Anna's POV

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining right onto my closed eyes. I shifted around on the couch and noticed I had a blanket on me. I turned my head and saw Levi fast asleep, he must have given me his blanket in the middle of the night. I sat up and stretched my arms then took the blanket back to Levi. While I laid it on top of him I noticed how delicate he looked while he was asleep. With his mouth shut and eyes not judging you, he was pretty handsome.

A warm blush formed on my cheeks as I took a seat in the chair next to him. He looked so peaceful, I felt like I wanted to remember this moment forever. Looking at him I remembered he had said that he had selfish reasons for keeping me alive. Thinking about that made my heart flutter, maybe he cared about me more than I thought. I certainly cared about him a lot more than I imagined. I disobeyed a direct order from the Commander just so I could check on him even though I knew he was most likely alive.

As I was looking down at Levi I saw his eyes move under his lids. I quickly sat back in the chair and made it seem like I wasn't just staring at him.

"Anna? Why are you up so early?" He asked as he sat up in his bed and rested his back against the frame.

"I just woke up a couple minutes ago. It's also not that early in the morning, it's around ten." My voice still sounded like I was half asleep so I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"I wonder how things are going with Eren and capturing the female titan." Levi sighed as he looked out the window. He must want to see whoever the female titan is either chained up or dead.

"I'm sure Erwin or Hange will come and tell us how things are going." Hopefully Erwin's plan works this time. It was good that Eren's friend Armin noticed the similarities between this Annie girl and the female titan.

Levi and I stayed in the room for another few hours. I left the room only to get us food, I'm sure Erwin would be fine with that, plus I didn't want to starve to death. After we finished our food I took a seat by Levi as he read and started playing with my hair that I hadn't tied up yet.

"It's too long." Levi's cold voice struck my ears. I looked at him, but he was still very involved with the book he was reading.

"Are you talking about my hair?" I asked. It was fairly long at this point, it reached about my mid back.

"Cut it before a titan cuts it for you." I looked at the brown hair in my hand and thought about cutting it.

"I suppose I should. It's a shame though, I like having long hair even though I constantly have it up. I guess I don't even get to decide how my hair should look. What's new about that, every decision I could possibly make is always made for me." I sighed and stood up and looked around in all the draws in the room. I heard Levi sigh heavily and put his book down.

"Stop. Stop looking for something to cut your hair with. Ignore what I said, you decide whether or not you want to cut your hair." I stopped searching the draws and turned around to face Levi. His comment surprised me, I didn't expect him to say something like that.

"I don't think it'll be a problem while fighting titans so I think I'll keep it like this. Thanks for you input Levi." I smiled at him and he turned away. Levi never liked it when I smiled at him so I wasn't surprised that he didn't want to accept my smile.

I took a seat on the couch and took my hair tie and pulled my hair up, tying it up. I noticed Levi watching me, but did nothing about it. After I was done putting my hair up a knock came from the door.

"Hello my lovelies!" Hange walked through the door and greeted us. I stood up from the couch and walked over to her.

"Anna! I'm glad you're alright. When Erwin said you would be sitting this last mission out, I was worried you were hurt or something." Hange looked me up and down making sure I had no injuries before she grabbed my shoulder and side hugged me.