The Chase

Anna's POV

We arrived in Trost with our plan in mind. There was so much commotion going on in the street that it was hard to stick close to Levi. My mind was still preoccupied with what had happened last night between Levi and me. I could feel my thoughts drifting off so I quickly shook my head and reminded myself of the task at hand.

It only took a few minutes for Jean and Armin to get kidnapped, we followed them to an abandon shipping house. Levi was the first one to notice that something was wrong, even I had my speculations about the kidnappers.

"You guys stay here, Anna and Hange's squad follow me to track the cart with Eren and Historia in it." Levi stated as he deployed his ODM gear to run across the roofs.

Levi, Nifa, and I were watching the cart closely from a near by roof. I could tell something was bothering Levi by the way his eyebrows were knit together.

"What is is Levi?" I nudged his shoulder to get his attention, Nifa looked over in our direction as well.

"Something seems off." Levi's eyes scanned the scene below us, he was extremely alert at the moment. I looked around us and saw nobody else, could Levi just be paranoid?

"Have you heard of Kenny the Ripper?" Levi asked bluntly. I furrowed my brows in response, he was acting kind of strange.

"He's just a myth." Nifa laughed off Levi's side comment like it was nothing, but looking at Levi's expression, he probably wasn't just a myth.

"I lived with him." I reeled back in surprise, not only was the news shocking, but this was one of the rare times that Levi was actually talking about his past.

Suddenly I heard Levi shout and grab me by my shoulders to pull me tightly to his chest. As I slid back into Levi I watched Nifa's face burst into blood as a bullet went straight through her skull.

"Nifa!" I reached out to grab her, but Levi pulled my hand and forced me to follow him away.

As we deployed our ODM gear I heard gun shots, but couldn't tell who was firing them. Levi and I were swinging through the city as bullets flew past us. Suddenly a man in a hat appeared before us, I was already moving forwards and couldn't stop. He rose his gun up and shot directly at me, I felt a crushing force push me away as I tumbled onto a nearby roof. I quickly regained myself and looked up to see Levi next to me holding his shoulder.

"Levi! You're hurt!" I went to tend to his wound, but he retracted his shoulder away from me.

"I'm fine, it hardly grazed me. I hate to say this, but we have to split up. Kenny the Ripper is on their side and only I can deal with him. Go find the cart that Eren and Historia are on, don't be reckless though, remember our promise to each other, that comes first!" With that he jumped off the roof and drew the attention of some nearby MP's away.

Left a bit dazed and confused, I quickly regained myself and stood up. I deployed my ODM gear and started heading towards where the cart was supposed to be. As I was gliding through the air I noticed three MP's on my tail. I maneuvered through the tight corners of the city as best as I could while trying not to be shot. As I flew under a cart my knees scarped against the hard cement. Once I was out from under the cart I looked behind me and saw only two of them were still chasing me. This was the most I've used my ODM gear in the city, I was thankful for the training the damn titans gave me.

I got closer to the cart and noticed there were three more MP's attacking the cart. With two behind me and three ahead, there wasn't much for me to do. I switched my tactic of running to chasing and turned around and aimed right at my two pursuers. This caught them off guard which allowed me to stab one with the hooks of my ODM gear while getting close enough the slice through the other one. It seemed that re-loading their weapons was their greatest weakness. With blood covering half of my face I turned back around to get to the cart Eren and Historia were on.